Sonoma Valley Wine Trolley
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Editor's Pick
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
- Lunch included
Each wine tasting takes place in a private setting, where your own representatives at each winery will explain the different varietals you’ll sample and the background of the wineries (wine tasting fees are not included and you can expect fees of $5 to $10).
There will be wonderful photo opportunities on this tour and your friendly guide will be happy to take a photo or two of your group so you can document your memorable day in wine country.
In addition to your live guide, a local historian and actor, George Webber, provides the recorded narration of the Sonoma Wine Country Trolley. Between winery stops, enjoy his upbeat, whimsical commentary and stories as you travel through California's early history. Some of the historic landmarks you’ll see on the tour include:
• The Sonoma and Swiss hotels
• General Vallejo's Soldier Barracks
• Mission San Francisco Solano (Sonoma Mission)
• Blue Wing Inn
• Bear Flag Monument
• General Vallejo's Home and State Park
• Sonoma Development Center
• Town of Glen Ellen
Enjoy lunch in a hidden-gem location, which may be among a vineyard, on a garden terrace or in a wine cellar, depending on the weather. Indulge in a picnic catered by Sonoma’s famous The Girl & the Fig restaurant, four-star rated on OpenTable and Yelp. Their delicious and hearty lunches are served family style, allowing everyone to pick and choose from a variety of sandwiches, side salads and desserts. Bottled water is included.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Available Pickup Locations (Please note at time of booking, if you require this service):
- Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn – 9:40am
- The Best Western – Sonoma Valley Inn – 9:50am
- The Lodge at Sonoma (A Marriott Property) – 10am
- Mac Arthur Place – 10:10am
- The Victorian Garden Inn – 10:20am
- Historic Sonoma Plaza – Start Location -10:30am
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Sonoma Wine Country Trolley Tour
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Small-group tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Wine tasting fees at each winery ($10-$15 at each winery)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. Jackets and rain protection are recommended in the winter months.
- Minimum age is 21 years
- Hotel pickup and drop-off is available for selected hotels only, see options under Available Pickup Locations. Please note in the Special Requirements at time of booking, if you require this service
Reviewed by: Arturo V, January 2014
It was fun, relaxing and I had great time with my beautiful bride of only 23 years. The driver of the trolley was friendly and made the experience better because you didn't have to worry about driving. Take the ride on the trolley if you get the chance.
Reviewed by: Tarun A, December 2013
Excellent and Fun Tour. We went to wineries that we wouldn't have otherwise found. Definitely recommend it!