Cradle Mountain National Park Day Tour from Launceston
Awaken your senses to the magnificent splendour that is Cradle Mountain - Lake St Clair National Park on this full-day tour from Launceston.
- Instant Confirmation
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Go deep into the pristine Tasmanian forest and experience the solitary wilderness of waterfalls, glacial lakes, rainforest, wildlife and unsurpassed beauty of this World Heritage listed National Park. Discover many walks throughout the rainforest - catch your breath as you first glimpse the craggy outcrop of majestic Cradle Mountain towering above sparkling Dove Lake plateau.
- Travel through green pastures South West of Launceston
- The mountains of the Great Western Tiers guide you towards Cradle Mountain National Park
- Pass quaint and historical towns of Carrick, Hagley and Westbury
- Scenic town of Deloraine - hub between Launceston and Devonport
- Travel further inland passing Australian Blue Gum and pine plantations
- Tour Sheffield - the town of murals
- Traverse through dense forest and mountainous terrain
- Cross the beautiful Cethana Dam made to support hydro scheme
- Look for wombats, potaroos and wallabies in Cradle Mountain National Park
- Stop at Cradle Village Cafe for lunch (own expense)
- Visit the Cradle Mountain Visitor Centre for an appreciation of the Cradle Mountain National Park
- Take a short stroll along the Enchanted Forest Walk viewing pencil pine, lush forest and a spectacular waterfall
- Stand in awe as you take in the powerful and majestic Cradle Mountain reigning over the picturesque Dove Lake
- Take a short walk around Dove Lake taking in the views of Cradle Mountain (weather permitting)
- Visit Waldheim Chalet (the forest home) of Gustav Weindorfers
- Stop at Ashgrove Cheese Farm for some famous Tasmanian cheese
- Learn how cheese is made and sample the numerous varieties of cheese made on the premises.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Selected Launceston hotels
The Transit Centre
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Full-day touring by coach
- Local guide
- National Park entrance fee
- Enchanted Forest Walk
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Reviewed by: Louise R, July 2015
The trip was amazing - loved every minute of it! Lane not sure how to spell his name was fantastic - he is very knowledgeable and gave a fascinating commentary as we drove along! In fact his commentary made the trip for me - that plus the scenery! He was also able to get a 4WD vehicle so we could get to Dove Lake which was great otherwise we would have missed that spectacular experience.....snow everywhere.....wombats munching away and little wallabies sheltering under the trees - it was a treat from start to finish!......then to cap it all off we stopped at the Lodge for a hot chocolate by the log fire.......oh sigh.....bliss! I'd recommend this trip to anyone as a must do must see experience! Thank You!
Reviewed by: William W, June 2015
Tour was Monday 27 April and I was the only tourist on the trip. Headley the driver/guide was excellent, with a wide range of interesting information to impart. The weather was super so the views to the peaks was fabulous. All in all, a great day out.