Select a datex
Enjoy two nights stay at Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel located close to Lake Windermere. This comfortable hotel, formerly owned by Beatrix Potter is set in 6 acres of mature gardens and offers superb accommodation and fine dinning in it's award winning restaurant. Views over the lake and to the fells are spectacular anytime of the year.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Breakfast included
- Multi-Day Trip
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Dinner included
Your short break also includes the Beatrix Potter's Lakeland Tour: This tour is the ideal way to explore the favourite places associated with Beatrix Potter. Our first part of the journey is through the beautiful Yewdale Valley, passing Yew Tree Tarn and Skelwith Bridge making our way to Coniston Water for our lake cruise.
We visit the incredible Beatrix Potter’s Hill Top farm where she wrote many of her famous children's stories in this little 17th century stone house. You have the opportunity to go in the shop, explore her garden and as an optional extra visit the house. After exploring Miss Potter’s extraordinary house we continue on to the medieval village of Hawkshead where you will have some time to explore this fascinating village.
We drive through the renowned beauty spot of Tarn Hows before descending back to Windermere and Bowness.
Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Windermere Railway Station, or centrally located accommodation in Windermere, Bowness-on-Windermere or Ambleside
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
3-Day Beatrix Potter Experience
- Lake cruise
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Luxury mini-coach transport
- Two breakfasts and two dinners
- Beatrix Potter's Lakeland tour
- Two night's accommodation at Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 14 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Maximum tour group size is 16
- Please advise at time of booking if wheelchair access is required.
- Hilltop is closed every Friday, however the gardens and shop are open
- Not recommended for child aged 15 and under
- Dress code in the hotel restaurant is smart casual
- For bookings of 2 or more please add to 'special requirements' at time of booking if you require double or twin beds
Arrival transfer to accommodation and free time
Beatrix Potter's Lakeland and Wordsworth tour
Free time and departure transfer from accommodation
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.