Kyoto Afternoon Tour - Heian Shrine, Sanjusangendo, Kiyomizu Temple
Immerse yourself in Kyoto on an afternoon guided tour tour through the vibrant green and red Heian Shrine. Admire Sanjusangendo Hall with its 1001 Kannon statues and the Kiyomizu Temple where you'll enjoy sweeping city views from the large terrace. All entry fees and return coach transfers are included.
- Instant Confirmation
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Hotel pickup included
Kyoto was Japan's capital and the emperor's residence from 794 until 1868. It is now the country's seventh largest city with a population of 1.4 million people and a modern face.
Over the centuries, Kyoto was destroyed by many wars and fires, but due to its historic value, the city was not chosen as a target of air raids during World War II. Countless temples, shrines and other historically priceless structures survive in the city today.
The brightly colored shrine with its vermilion pillars and green roof, and its enchanting inner gardens and ponds, reflects the elegance of life in the ancient Japanese court.
A renowned long wooden hall housing all of 1,001 statues of Kannon, Bodhisattva, that date back to the 13th century.
A quaint old lane lined with pottery shops lead up to this famous temple. Enjoy a sweeping view of the entire city of Kyoto from its lofty terrace.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Kiyomizu Temple, Kyoto
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Local tax
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless you are booking within 7 days of travel. In this case, confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer
- Some parts of road on this tour are gravel and steep inclines
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- During the Jidai Festival on October 22, Heian Shrine is closed to the public and will be replaced by Chishaku-in Temple.
- Pick-up service from Kyoto Hotel Okura is not available during the Gion Festival (July 17) and the Jidai Festival (October
22) due to traffic restrictions.
- During the Gion Festival (July 14-16), drop off service to Karasuma Kyoto Hotel and Hotel Monterey Kyoto is
unavailable due to traffic regulations.
If you cancel between 3 and 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: RnVJapan, May 2014
Our guide was excellent. Sanjusendo and the Kiyomizu temple were multi-faceted and well worth the time spent visiting them. The Heian shrine was, likewise, interesting.
Reviewed by: sheltuck, May 2014
The tour guide was exceptional. She spoke excellent English and was very kind. Her breadth of knowledge was quite amazing. It was a great tour!