Puffing Billy Steam Train, Yarra Valley and Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary Day Tour
- Instant Confirmation
- Rail Tour
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Free drinks included
- Led by a local guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Admire views of towering mountain ash gum trees, the world's tallest flowering plants, as you wind your way up the mountains to Grant's Reserve in the quaint mountain village of Kallista. Handfeed the local crimson rosellas, sulfur-crested cockatoos and pink-and-gray galahs as you drink in the crisp mountain air and enjoy a traditional Australian billy tea with savory Vegemite spread and chocolate-and-coconut lamington cakes.
Leaving Grant's Reserve, your tour takes you to the town of Belgrave in the foothills of Dandenong Ranges to board the famous Puffing Billy steam train. This historic train trip takes you 100 years back in time to the days of steam travel as you ride the train from Belgrave to the Yarra Ranges village of Gembrook. Cross the wooden trestle bridge on this 30-minute ride through the rainforest, and glimpse faraway views of Port Phillip Bay glistening on the horizon.
Relax after your Puffing Billy train ride and enjoy lunch hamper (at own expense) at Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary.
After a leisurely lunch, enjoy a tour of Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary, one of Australia’s premier wildlife reserves. See all kinds of native animals in a natural bush setting, including wallabies, wombats, kangaroos, owls, emus eagles and, of course, koalas. Don’t miss the popular birds of prey display and see sleepy koalas chewing gum leaves in their eucalypt-tree habitats.
Leaving Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary, make your way back to Melbourne, arriving at your city hotel in the late afternoon.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Ride Puffing Billy, the most renowned steam train in Australia
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Admission to Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary
- Puffing Billy Steam Train ride
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vehicles are collapsible wheelchair accessible, however the driver is unable to assist passengers boarding and disembarking due to insurance regulations
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A selection of antipasto including a variety of; local cheeses, cured meats, marinated olives, harvest made dips and bread
- A crunchy roll with a variety of fillings; free range chicken and house made mayo, fresh salad and cheddar cheese, ham with cheese and tomato relish
- A soft drink, local cider or local beer
- Sandwich, juice & muffin
7:25am Adina Grand Apartments
7:10am Atlantis Hotel
6:50am Bayside Eden
6:50am Bayview on the Park
7:00am Charsfield Hotel
7:15am Clarian Gateway Suites
7:10am Comfort Inn & Suites Flagstaff City(Dudley St)
7:20am Crowne Metropol
7:25am Crowne Plaza
7:15am Crowne Promenade
7:20am Crowne Towers
7:05am Downtowner on Lygon
7:10am Eastern Townhouse
7:15am Hilton on the Park
7:00am Hilton Southwharf
7:20am Holiday Inn Flinders
7:10am Hotel Discovery
7:25am Hotel Sofia
7:25am Ibis Styles Kingsgate
7:30am Ibis Therry St
7:35am Intercontinental Hotel The Rialto (Collins St Entrance)
7:25am Kings St Backpackers
7:10am Langham Hotel
7:10am Magnolia Court
7:05am Mantra on Jolimont
7:35am Mantra on Russell
7:20am Mantra on the Park
7:30am Marriott Hotel
7:30am Mercure Grand Swanston
7:15am Mercure Treasury Gardens
7:10am Miami Motor Inn
7:30am Novotel Collins
6:40am Novotel Bayside
7:20am Oaks on Market
7:25am Park Hyatt
7:25am Quest On William
7:15am Radisson Flagstaff
7:20am Rydges Melbourne
7:00am Rydges on Swanston, Carlton
7:00am Seasons Botanical
7:15am Sofitel Hotel
7:25am Stamford Plaza
7:05am Travelodge Docklands
7:15am Vibe Savoy
7:15am Windsor Hotel
7:00am YHA Metro (Queensberry)
Reviewed by: Peng Hong L, June 2015
Very interesting tour, well organised. The guide took a group photo. Can we have a copy please?
Thanks for the wonderful experience.
Reviewed by: d p segedin s, June 2015
This tour was amazing!