This fun and exciting Kauai biking tour is a cruise through Koke'e State Park and Waimea Canyon State Park. You'll be Kauai mountain biking from the rim of the famed Waimea Canyon (elevation 3600 feet or 1100 meters) down 12 miles (19km) of smooth winding blacktop all the way to the shore of the blue Pacific. It's 100% downhill, and 100% fun!
You can coast at the crack of dawn, or, cruise it at the end of the day. The early birds will be blessed with soft low angled light that draws out the colors of the spectacular canyon. You won't be snoozin' - you'll be cruisin'! An "in-flight" beverage service of fresh-brewed Kauai Coffee and blueberry muffins hot out of the oven is included as you ride up in the van to begin your Kauai biking tour.
If you're not into the early bird thing, try the late afternoon tour. You'll still enjoy the same low angled light for accentuation of the canyon's rugged terrain, only from the west rather than the east. Shadows and colors jump out with soft, brilliant greens, reds and purple highlights. In addition, the forbidden Island of Niihau is visible off to the west. Cold soft drinks, spring water and Kauai cookies will be served on the afternoon tour.
Comfortable helmets and safe operating procedures make for a ride that's safe and controlled, but still fun and exciting. You'll be riding through one of the most beautiful and interesting places on the planet, so of course, you'll stop along the way for photos and narrative on history, culture, folklore and legends. You'll get hands-on and identify native plants, birds and trees. You'll be able to quiz your guides about the best Kauai hiking trails located in Koke'e State Park and Waimea Canyon State Park while you're in the area. As well as having a fun ride in a beautiful place, you'll learn about what makes Kauai special!
Bicycle Downhill Canyon to Coast
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Morning tour: 6:00am
- Afternoon tour: 2:30pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 6am
Departs at 2:30pm
- Cruiser bike and helmet
- Morning tour offers coffee and blueberry muffins
- Afternoon tour offers Kauai cookies
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability.
- Minimum of 4 passengers required for tour departure. Maximum of 13 passengers per tour
- Refreshments: Cold spring water and juices. Morning tour includes coffee and blueberry muffins. Afternoon tour includes Kauai Cookies
- Please wear closed-toe shoes and protective eyewear (sunglasses or prescription glasses)
- Sweatshirt or windbreaker for cool weather, sunscreen, hat and camera
- Must pass basic bike test
- Weight limit is 250 lbs.
- Minimum age is 12 years
Terms and Conditions:
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.