San Juan Snorkel and Picnic Cruise
The tour takes you on a relaxing sail by catamaran to the uninhabited island of Icacos. Spend the morning exploring the island, collecting shells or swimming offshore in the crystal-clear Caribbean Sea. If you're a novice, you can receive professional instruction in the art of snorkeling.
After you've worked up an appetite, enjoy a scrumptious picnic lunch freshly prepared onboard by the crew, accompanied by pina coladas and rum punch.
After lunch, you'll anchor over a breathtaking coral reef, home to colorful tropical fish and underwater wonders.
Then, after a full day at sea, it's time to hoist the sail for the return trip to San Juan, completing a truly different day in paradise!
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Old San Juan area: 7:45am
- Condado area: 8:00am
- Isla Verde area: 8:30am
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tour Without Transport
Includes price of cruise only. Hotel pickup and drop-off not included.
USD $82.99Pricing details
Tour Including Transport
Includes price of cruise plus hotel pickup and drop-off
USD $105.99Pricing details
San Juan Snorkel and Picnic Cruise
- Pina Colada and Rum Punch
- Snorkeling equipment
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Natural resources reef and beach protection fee (USD $3 per person)
- Confirmation for this tour will be received at time of booking
- This cruise is child-friendly, however adult prices apply to all travelers
- Sailing time is between 20 to 45 minutes, depending how much wind there is on the day. The catamaran departs the dock around 10:00am and once anchored you will stay at the Island until approximately 1:00pm, and then move over to the second reef
- Sailing in the Caribbean is generally calm and the catamaran is 46 foot long and 24 foot wide and sails very smoothly, Maximum capacity is 44 passengers
- Lunch usually consists of ham, turkey, salami, cheese, salad, fruit, snacks and fresh local bread and you choose for your sandwich. You may bring your own food as well (have coolers to store)
- Pick up is not provided from San Juan Cruiseship (port/dock). The closest hotel is the Sheraton.
- Pickup is not provided from Wyndham El Conqistador Resort, Golden Door Spa Gran Melia, St. Regis, Sheraton Old San Juan Puerto Rico Hotel and Casino or Riomar resorts because the tour operates out of San Juan. The Catamaran is in Fajardo and so guests at the El Conquistador need to make own arrangements with their Concierge for transportation. The El Conquistador is located between San Juan and the El Yunque Rainforest and is approximately a 1 hour and 15 minute drive to the closest pick up location, the Ritz Carlton Hotel San Juan, where you can check in for the tour
- Tour buses are air-conditioned, but without bathrooms
- Tour buses are wheelchair accessible, but do not have a wheelchair lift. Persons in a wheelchair must be able to walk a little (with help from the driver) in order to get on and off the bus. The wheelchair must be foldable
- This tour requires a minimum number of 12 passengers to operate. There is a possibility that the tour may be canceled after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be provided the option to take the tour on an alternative date or be refunded in full.
Reviewed by: Cozette N, July 2015
This was a blast! I had never snorkels before, but the crew helped me feel safe and comfortable. It was a relaxed environment. By the end of the trip I felt I had made some new friends with the crew and the other passengers. I was hurt when the waves threw me into some rocks, the crew treated my wounds and I was able to still snorkel. I would recommend this to anyone. Just a side note bring suntan lotion as you can not spray suntan lotion on the boat.
Reviewed by: Laura O, July 2015
My three friends and I were visiting San Juan for a few weeks and really wanted to go snorkeling, so we chose this cruise and are SO glad we did!
Crew: They were engaging and very helpful with every aspect of the trip! Frances even managed to make the safety announcements funny with jokes.
Food/Drinks: Once we set sail the drinks started flowing and didn't stop until we were in port again! There are pina coladas and rum punch for alcohol as well as non-alcoholic version and a variety of sodas/water. The lunch was plentiful and delicious and there was even a tropical fruit buffet as we sailed back for the day.
Snorkeling: There are two places to snorkel. One was a practice place at the beach that was shallow where the company even brought a snorkeling guide to teach first-timers the ropes! The second place had pretty coral and fish to look at and the crew even gave you bread to feed the fish!
Beach: BEAUTIFUL!!!!! You get plenty of time there something a lot of companies don't give you and it's just a view to die for.
Entertainment: The crew kept music on at the perfect level--it wasn't so loud you couldn't hold a conversation yet still loud enough to dance. A small group of girls started a little dance party where they were teaching people young and old various dances.
All in all I would take this trip again in a heartbeat. It is well worth the cost and suitable for everyone--young people, families, older couples, etc. were on the trip and they all seemed to have a blast. Thank you for an amazing tour!!