Think you can handle 30 laps of white-knuckled, heart-pounding speed? Improve your driving line, increase your speed and consider a career change. The thirty laps are run in three 10 lap sessions with a more one-on-one for building your speed.
The program includes an orientation session, on-track instruction, photo opportunities and driver's Q&A, before you sliding through the car window and on to the track for two to four hours of fun-filled driving in a professional race car. You'll be suited up in a regulation helmet, neck guard and drivers suit for your safety. Please remember to bring closed toed shoes!
And after the closing ceremony, when you'll receive your lap-time sheet and graduation certificate, you'll be a rookie no more!
Your Experience of a Lifetime includes:
- 10 minutes - Orientation and Video: Meet the RPDE staff and watch a short video
- 20 minutes - On-Track Instruction in RPDE Van: Master the track driving line, accel/decel points and more
- 20 minutes - In-Car Instruction and Photos: View the interior equipment; Have your photo taken outside the car
- 10 minutes - Mandatory Driver's Meeting: This is the time to ask any questions and get the driving order
- 1 - 2 hours - Driving Experience (time varies by experience)
- 15 minutes - Closing Ceremony: Receive your lap-time sheet and graduation certificate
Richard Petty Drive-Along: Kings Experience at Walt Daytona International Speedway
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Walt Disney World® Speedway
- 8am, 10am or 2pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 8am
Departs at 10am
Departs at 2pm
Richard Petty Drive-Along: Kings Experience at Walt Disney World Speedway Orlando
- 30 laps driving a professional race car
- Classroom introduction
- Track orientation
- Safety instruction
- Local taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 18 years. Participants must hold a valid drivers license
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Student Drivers must be able to understand instruction in English and be able to communicate in English with Richard Petty Driving Experience Instructors
- Please note: if you would like Spanish instructions please add this request into the special requirements at time of booking
Q: What happens if I wreck the car?
A: RPDE inspects each car prior to running every day and makes sure each student understands what they are doing before they climb in the car, so accidents are almost nonexistent. However, in the event of an incident, to summarize the liability waiver every participant must sign before participating, RPDE is responsible for any equipment damage and participant covers any personal damage.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.