Small-Group Wine Country Tour from San Francisco
Calling all wine lovers! This small-group day trip from San Francisco to Napa and Sonoma takes you to some of California’s most renowned wineries. Visit up to 6 boutique wineries and learn about the differences between varietals from your knowledgeable guide and local wine industry experts. You’ll travel through Northern California’s picturesque appellations, like Stags Leap, Rutherford, St. Helena and Glen Ellen, as well as enjoy a leisurely lunch (own expense) at one of the wineries.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Small group ensures personal service
This small group tour of Napa and Sonoma from San Francisco takes you to where America’s most famous wine labels originate. Visit boutique wineries not frequented by large group tours and get up close and personal with the winemakers. Your guide will consider requests for favorite wineries prior to the trip.
Sample wines from famous grape-growing regions such as Oakville, Yountville, Los Carneros, Sonoma Valley and Kenwood and be entertained by your guide’s illuminating commentary on the science and art of wine making in between stops. You also have the opportunity to enjoy a delicious gourmet lunch at one of the wineries at your leisure (at own expense).
Returning to San Francisco after a fulfilling day of wine tasting, you have the option of ending your tour in the picture postcard village of Sausalito, where you can browse the shops before making your way back across San Francisco Bay on the ferry (not included) or be dropped off at your hotel.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
*For hotel pickups, please select and meet at Parc 55 if your hotel is not listed
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Customizable Wine Country Tour from San Francisco
- Expert guide and commentary
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Wine tastings: fees range from USD$5 to USD$25
- Sausalito ferry ticket
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- California law requires tour guests to bring a car safety seat for all children under 8 years or under 4' 9" (1.4 meters) in height
- For hotel pickups, please select the Parc 55 if your hotel is not listed
- If you have winery preferences, please note your suggestions in the 'Special Requirements' field at time of booking. Due to time and distance constraints or other circumstances, some requests may not be accommodated
Reviewed by: Janice N, October 2015
Frank Sherlock was fabulous! He was very knowledgeable about San Francisco history and knew his way around Napa - a real pro! I will recommend him to any of my friends that plan a trip to wine country.
Reviewed by: Rosemary R, October 2015
wonderful to see the surrounding countryside