Enjoy a day of deep-sea fishing off the California coast and try to catch a coveted yellowtail or white sea bass. This full-day cruise from Newport Beach will take you into fish territory, where you’re likely to find the most prized catches. Cruise down Orange County's coastline and take in the beautiful scenery while experiencing the fishing adventure!
- Family friendly
- Instant Confirmation
- Likely to Sell Out
Set out from Newport Harbor for a day of deep-sea fishing in the Pacific Ocean. The crew on board your boat will help you set up your rod so you’ll be ready to reel in that yellowtail when it nibbles on your hook. Yellowtail can weigh up to 40 pounds (18 kg) and are known to be hardest-fighting fish you’ll encounter in these waters! Other fish you may catch include white sea bass, barracuda, bonito, calico bass, sand bass and halibut.
While you wait for the fish to bite, relax on board the boat and take in the coastal scenery as you cruise past Long Beach, Newport Beach, Huntington Beach, Catalina Island, Dana Point and San Ononfre. The boat has a fully stocked snack bar with breakfast, lunch, snacks and beverages available for purchase. The boat also has both indoor and outdoor seating, along with restrooms.
If you catch a fish of legal size (see Additional Information below for more details) and you want to make a meal out of it, you may have your fish filleted on board for a nominal fee. Only want to fish? No worries – simply catch and release!
Don't want to fish but want to come along for the sail? Boarding passes are also available for purchase.
Special Offer! - Book now and save 10% on the recommended retail rate! - Book Now!
Try to Catch the Popular Yellowtail!
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Newport Harbor
Newport Beach, California
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Full-day deep-sea fishing cruise. Includes use of rod, tackle, bait, boarding pass and one-day fishing license (children 16 years and under do not require license).
Boarding pass only, does not include deep-sea fishing amenities.
Deep Sea Fishing Cruise from Newport Beach
- Deep-sea fishing cruise
- Rod and tackle rental
- Boarding pass
- Day fishing license (adult and senior only)
- Food and drinks (available on board for purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Child day fishing license (not required for children 16 years old and under)
- Fillet fee (approx. USD $1, depending on size of fish)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Permits are not required for children 16 years old and under
- Total length is the longest straight-line measurement from the tip of the head to the end of the longest lobe of the tail
- Fork length is the straight-line distance from the tip of the head to the center of the tail fin. Tip of the head shall be the most anterior point on the fish with the mouth closed and the fish lying flat on its side.
- Unless otherwise provided, all fish, mollusks or crustaceans less than the legal minimum size or greater than the maximum legal size must be returned immediately to the water from which they were taken
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.