Select a datex
Shop like an industry insider in the Garment District, the epicenter of fashion in New York City! On this 3-hour guided walking tour, you'll visit private wholesale showrooms not accessible to the public, see where the contestants lived from the television show 'Project Runway', access hot designer sample sales for this season's styles and more.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Receive discounts at selected restaurants, shops and attractions
- Small group ensures personal service
This New York Garment Center Shopping Tour is a must for shoppers who want to experience one of New York's last wholesale districts at work. You'll visit the buildings of world-famous designers, whose work impacts fashion the world over. Add a visit to the world's most famous trim store, with your expert guide to lead the way, and this is the perfect morning tour for fashionistas, "better clothing" bargain hunters, and the fashion curious.
The best kept secret deals on fashion await with privileged access to six wholesale showrooms--not open to the general public--and hidden sample sales for the latest trends. No last season leftovers, snag deals on women’s designer and “better wear” fashions anywhere from 50-80% below retail. You might even catch a designer at work in their inner sanctum.
Amid all the designer deals and bargains, your shopping expert will share the history of the area, point out key landmarks in the area such as M and J Trimmings, one of the world's most famous trim stores, featured in the New York Times and Martha Stewart Living Magazine and tell you where to find Mood Fabrics, best known for being "the" place to buy fabric on the hot reality show Project Runway.
Don't let the bargain-hunting end with the tour. You'll receive a list of other notable sales of the day for an independent shopping experience. You're an industry insider now!
Small-group tour is limited to 12 persons for a more personalized experience.
Fashion finds abound on this shopping tour of New York's Garment Center
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Fashion Avenue (Sixth Avenue), New York
- Wednesday and Friday at 10am
- Thursday at 1:30pm (starting January 2014)
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tour departs at 10am
Tours departs at 1:30pm
Special tour date. Tour departs at 2pm on January 31; 1pm on February 3
NYC Garment Center Insider Shopping Tour
- 3-hour guided walking tour
- Exclusive store discounts
- Special store access
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is recommend that wheelchair bound guests have an assistant
- Recommended for guests 18 years or older
- Stores carry traditional US women's sizes 0-12 and a wide selection of accessories
- This tour features women's apparel and accessories only. Men are permitted to accompany a paying female guest at no cost. Please a make note in 'Special Requirements' at time of booking if a you will be bringing a male guest
Terms and Conditions:
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.