Versailles by Bike Day Tour
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
- All entrance fees included
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Rail Tour
The next highlight today is a bike ride through the gardens behind Versailles palace. You'll leave foot visitors behind on your tour of the palace by bicycle, as visitors on foot can visit only a small fraction of the palace gardens. Versailles' gardens and forests are crisscrossed by a network of fantastic trails and tree-lined paths, so bring your camera for picture-perfect views in every direction.
Arriving at the far end of the Grand Canal, you'll settle down for a picnic in the exact spot where Louis XIV, XV and XVI ate in order to marvel at their palace. Relax on the grass in peace where only your cycling group will be able to easily reach this end of the Grand Canal.
After lunch, pedal back towards the palace itself for an unforgettable view into the lives of the French monarchy before their removal from power by the Revolution in 1789. You'll visit the Hall of Mirrors (site of the treaty ending World War I), the King's State Apartments and the amazing King's Chapel (audio guide available). After your visit to Versailles you'll return to Paris via RER train.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Versailles Bike Tour
- Audio-guide at Versailles
- Bicycle and helmet
- Entrance fees
- Roundtrip train tickets from Paris to Versailles
- Up to 1.5 hours in the Palace
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks
- Rain gear is available at a fee of 1EUR paid direct which will be refunded if not used
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- If a children's bike is required, you must advise at time of booking.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- You will cover an area of approximately 10 miles on a relatively flat terrain. The ride is leisurely and therefore suitable for all levels of fitness.
- Child seats are available if requested at the time of booking
- Tandem bikes are available for children aged 10 years and younger.
Reviewed by: KAREN T, July 2014
It was a great day...excellent tour guide BILL...pleasant, humorous and informative with a modern slant on his explanations of communication systems in French History! He really made the day...He was also extremely helpful on our return journey giving us directions to our next location. The bike tour round the gardens was the highlight, and whilst the house is obviously majestic and grandiose it was so JAM PACKED that we opted for a quick exit onto the terrace and into the gardens. I personally feel that there were far to many people viewing the palace at one time, which was a shame really as I would have liked to have to spent some time looking around the house. However none of this spoilt the day for me at all it was just a personal comment. I would absolutely recommend this trip to anyone who can sit on a bike...BRILLIANT! CHEERS AGAIN BILL :)
Reviewed by: Zouhdi H, July 2014
Excellent experience for the whole family. Great way to see the town and palace grounds that aren't seen in typical bus tour.