Wild Wicklow Tour including Glendalough from Dublin
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- All entrance fees included
You'll continue on to the green mountains of Wicklow County, where you'll stop for morning tea (additional cost) at Avoca Handweavers. The oldest wool mill in Ireland, Avoca Handweavers is a great place to shop for high-quality Irish crafts.
The next stop on your Wicklow tour in Glendalough, in Wicklow Mountains National Park. Glendalough is renowned for its natural beauty and history, and is one of the most visited places in Ireland.
At Glendalough, your guide will walk with you through the 6th-century monastic settlement. You'll learn about St Kevin, the founder of the ancient monastery, and hear stories relating to the ruins scattered about the site, including the famous Round Tower. There will also be time for a leisurely stroll through the woods to Upper Lake.
Leaving the peace and serenity of Glendalough behind, you'll head off for a stop at a local pub for lunch (additional cost). Enjoy the relaxed atmosphere and good old-fashioned home cooking of a traditional Irish pub. Why not wash lunch down with a hearty pint of Guinness?
After lunch you'll begin your return to Dublin, via Sally's Gap, where scenes from Braveheart were filmed in 1995. This scenic but desolate area of wild bogland offers a stunning contrast to the Wicklow Mountains.
You'll arrive back in Dublin in the late afternoon, with drop-off either in Ballsbridge (D4) or at Trinity College.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tour departing from The Shelbourne Hotel, St Stephens Green
Tour departing from Molly Malone Statue, next to 'Visit Dublin' tourist office Suffolk Street
Tour departing from The Gresham Hotel, O'Connell Street
Tour departing from Ballsbridge Hotel, Pembroke Road (Bus Stop at Gate)
Tour departing from Dun Laoghaire Ferry Terminal
The Wild Wicklow Tour including Glendalough
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Complimentary tasting of Irish Whiskey
- Transport by air-conditioned coach (maximum 40 passengers)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Minimum numbers apply in winter months. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Reviewed by: Rodrigo Bacelar, Brazil, June 2015
Nials is a fantastic tourguide. We had an amazing day.
Reviewed by: sharon m, June 2015
we had a fantastic day out and Nial our driver was brill very informative and funny too .