City Sightseeing Edinburgh Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
With great views from the top of the bus, strategically placed stops and an interesting commentary, this City Sightseeing tour is the best way to see the sights of Edinburgh. You can hop-on and off as many times as you like aboard this open-top double-decker bus. There are 14 stops and the entire route takes approximately 60 minutes. The bus departs every 20 minutes from each stop. Tickets are valid for 24 hours from first use.
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
- Multiple departure times and locations available
- Ideal choice for families
- Great overview and orientation of the city
The capital of Scotland since the 15th century, Edinburgh stands on 7 hills creating a dramatic skyline. Travel through the city with ease on this City Sightseeing hop-on hop-off bus tour. Tour highlights include the Edinburgh Castle, Palace of Holyrood House, the historic Royal Mile and Our Dynamic Earth.
City Sightseeing hop-on hop-off tour stops:
- Waverley Bridge – Scott Monument, Visitor Information, Balmoral Hotel
- Lothian Road – St John’s Church, Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian
- Grassmarket – historic pubs, Apex Hotels, Victoria Street
- Lauriston Place – Edinburgh College of Art, George Heriot’s School
- Johnston Terrace – Castle Terrace Car Park, Farmers Market (Saturdays)
- Lawnmarket – Castle, Museums, Gladstone’s Land, High Kirk of St. Giles
- Chambers Street – National Museum of Scotland, Greyfriars Bobby
- John Knox House – Museum of Childhood, World’s End
- Canongate – Museum of Edinburgh, Royal Mile, Canongate Kirk
- Holyrood – Palace of Holyroodhouse, Scottish Parliament
- Our Dynamic Earth – Queen’s Park, Arthur’s Seat
- Regent Road – Burns Monument, Calton Hill, views of Arthur’s Seat
- Hanover Street – Travelshop, City Centre shopping
- Market Street – Waverley Railway Station, Travelshop
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour starts at Waverley Bridge, however you may board and disembark the bus at any one of the 24 stops around the city
Monday- Friday: 9:30am- 5:50pm every 20 minutes
Saturday- Sunday: 9:30am- 6:00pm every 15 minutes
July- August : 9:35am- 8:00pm every 7-20 minutes
Nov-March: 9:30am - 4:00pm every 20-30 minutes
Valid from the time of first use, for the duration selected.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Hop-on hop-off tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation for this tour will be received at time of booking
- Includes special 'Horrible Histories' kid's commentary
Reviewed by: Allison T, July 2015
Loved this tour and it was a fabulous means of transportation around the city!
Reviewed by: Syed Asad A, July 2015
Commentary on the bus was good. Did Castle and National museum tours which were enough for a full day.