Da Vinci Code and Scottish Borders Small Group Day Trip from Edinburgh
Departing Edinburgh, you will head south to the world-famous Scott's View, with stunning views over the Tweed Valley and Eildon Hills. From here, you will travel to Melrose with the opportunity to explore its great Border abbey, founded by the Cistercians in the 12th century. The Cistercian monks had very close connections with the Knights Templar and Melrose Abbey is the burial place of Robert the Bruce's heart, brought back from the crusades in Moorish Spain.
Following lunch in Melrose you will make your way to the stunning 15th-century Rosslyn Chapel, immortalized in The Da Vinci Code and an important site of beauty and history in its own right.
The tour includes a discount card, offering fantastic savings on top Edinburgh and Scotland visitor attractions, restaurants, pubs and shopping.
Winner of the Inaugural Scottish Thistle Award for Sustainable Tourism, October 2007.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Melrose Abbey, Scotland
- Professional driver/guide
- Discount Card offering discounts off local restaurants, shopping and attractions
- Modern Mercedes minivan with forced air ventilation (maximum 16 people)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees (discount card offers reductions)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 6 years
- There are opportunities to take nature walks, it is recommended to bring suitable clothing and footwear. Scotland can be a wet place!
- The First Edinburgh tour operator to be awarded 5 star status by the Scottish Tourist Board.
Reviewed by: Gail F, June 2015
What a great day!!! Great drive and really interesting tour. The small Roslyn Chapel was so welcoming and exquisite. The Melrose Abbey ruins are some of the best of Henry VIII's destructive stupidity. I liked the walk into the William Wallace Statue and the statue itself. Great views of the borders.
Reviewed by: sangus1, June 2015
Great view during drive and sights at stops/locations, knowledgeable and pleasant driver/ tour guide one person did both Vans used are very nice, clean and modern, however if you're not a small or skinny person the width of the seats are very uncomfortable if sitting next to someone more narrow than aircraft seats when you fly if that gives you a hint can't even fasten seat belt without leaning sideways to latch, I'm not small but far from huge 6' average build for that height in my 50's, same for my wife and son, the larger buses I've ridden in most tours before weren't as narrow and at least allowed the aisle seat to slide out for more room, these don't.