On this day trip from Santiago to the coastal town of Isla Negra you'll learn all about Chilean poet Pablo Neruda. Visit his former home which now houses a collection of his works and artifacts from his life. You will also visit the small village of Pomaire, renowned for clay pottery.
Depart your Santiago hotel in the morning and head towards the coast. Your first stop is in Pomaire, a small village where the locals use local clay to make a variety of dishes, pots and interesting sculptures amongst other handicrafts.
Continue to Isla Negra, a small beachside community with a pretty beach backed by fragrant pine trees. Home to Chilean Nobel Prize for Literature winner Pablo Neruda, you'll visit the museum in his former home dedicated to his life. The architecturally eccentric building houses some of his collections, including bottles, figureheads from ships, shells and various other eclectic articles.
After your visit of Pablo Neruda Museum, there will be time for lunch (additional cost) before returning to Santiago.
Isla Negra and Pablo Neruda Museum Day Trip from Santiago
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from Santiago hotels
Returns to original departure point at approximately 5:30pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Pablo Neruda Museum, Chile
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Local taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drink
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants are free provided they do not occupy a seat
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Bookings with only one customer will be charged double the brochure rate in the event that minimum numbers are not met.
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.