Yosemite National Park and Giant Sequoias Trip
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
- All entrance fees included
- Likely to Sell Out
In the late morning, enter Yosemite National Park where you'll take a guided walk. Visit the Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias (weather permitting) and be amazed by the size of the redwood trees in Yosemite's largest grove. Let the serene surroundings of the forest recharge your energy. Stop at the “Fallen Monarch” and "Grizzly Giant" and walk through the “California Tunnel Tree” to get a close-up look at Mother Nature's wonders.
Continue your journey through Yosemite with a stop at Inspiration Point for a bird’s-eye view of the whole valley. Gaze up at the massive granite formations of Half Dome and El Capitan, watch for rock climbers as they daringly make their way to the summit. In the springtime, marvel at the tallest waterfall in the park, Yosemite Falls.
After, you may explore Yosemite Valley on your own. For lunch, enjoy a picnic next to the Merced River or visit one of the restaurants at Yosemite Lodge (own expense). With an additional 1 – 1.5 hours of free time to spend, you can engage in a variety of activities available within the park. Hike to one of Yosemite's waterfalls and perhaps spot a black bear; rent bikes for a leisurely cycle on the flat bike paths throughout the valley; cool off in lovely river pools in summer; or simply relax at the Valley Visitor Center or peruse the Ansel Adams Gallery — sure to inspire any amateur photographer.
Please note: The weather in Yosemite is highly variable and includes rain and snow in winter and high temperatures in summer. The itinerary may be adapted to make the most of Yosemite during different seasons and times of the year.
The Giant Sequoias are best visited between May and October. During the rest of the year, snow and ice conditions may prevent access to roads and trails. In this event, other activities may be substituted in its place.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
*For hotel pickups, please select and meet at Parc 55 if your hotel is not listed
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Yosemite National Park, California
- Expert guide and commentary
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Yosemite National Park entrance fee
- Gratuities (optional)
- Child safety seat for children under 8 years old or 4' 9" (1.4 meters) required
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Access to the Sequoia Grove can be difficult during winter months, generally October through April, and other activities may be substituted at the discretion of the guide
- During winter months, temperatures in Yosemite can vary drastically to the ones in San Francisco. Therefore, it is recommend to wear winter clothes, especially shoes or boots with rubber soles and treads
- California law requires tour guests to bring a car safety seat for all children under 8 years and under 4' 9" (1.4 meters) in height
- As tour sizes vary, transportation is in either a 15-passenger minivan or a 36-passenger coach
- Tour makes stops at approximately 9:30am for breakfast, 3pm for lunch and on the trip back for dinner. Meals are not included
- Audio headsets available in Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, French, German, Korean, Mandarin and Japanese. Specify language at time of booking under special requirements. Please bring USD20.00 deposit on the day of the tour. This will be refunded at the end
- For hotel pickups, please select the Parc 55 if your hotel is not listed
Reviewed by: quentin p, October 2015
Great trip. Saw lots, it's a long day but worth the early start
Reviewed by: Madalina B, October 2015
I went on Jul 13, and loved this tour! The guide was amazing, highly knowledgeable and passionate about the national park. From San Fran to Yosemite, there's definitely a fair bit of driving, but it's so worth it! I got a bit of taste of what the park is all about, and I will definitely go back for longer time! The tour had sufficient stops and key places, and we have the opportunity to do a hike at the giant sequoias and spend some time in the valley at Yosemite.