Select a datex
Explore beyond the Big Apple with a full-day tour to Washington DC from New York City. You'll capture the spirit of "the home of the brave and land of the free" as you visit the monuments and memorials of Washington DC.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Beginning in New York heading south, you will pass through the states of New Jersey, Delaware and Maryland before arriving at Capitol Hill. Your tour will begin with a stop to Madame Tussauds for a photo with President Barack Obama and a visit to a replica of the Oval Office. Move further into Washington DC and you'll see the Capitol, Senate and White House, the core of the US government. Your tour of Washington DC continues to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum before visiting the Washington, Lincoln, Vietnam and Korea memorials for exploring and pictures.
Late in the afternoon you'll embark on a panoramic city tour before departing Washington DC for an early-evening arrival in New York City.
Please Note: This tour does not stop at Arlington Cemetery and is scheduled to stop in front of the White House, the Capitol and the Senate for commentary and picture taking. However please note that sometimes this is not possible due to security issues in Washington. In the event of this occurring, tour will be adjusted accordingly.
Washington DC from New York
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Gray Line Visitor's Center
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Washington DC day trip from New York
The White House
- Professional guide
- Transportation is in a 15-passenger van or a full-sized bus
- Admission to all attractions
- Wifi on bus only
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Due to security, there is no entry to the White House
- Depending on the rules on the day, sometimes a stop can be made for photographs from outside the fence
- Stop at Madame Tussauds is approximately 45-minutes and only includes a visit to the replica of the oval office and the hall of presidents
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- For tours with fewer guests, vans may be substituted. These smaller vehicles do not feature wifi
- Tours can be bilingual/multilingual as they are offered in many different languages
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.