Small-Group Swamp Boat Tour of Cajun Country from New Orleans
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Fully narrated tour
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Small-group tour by minibus
Driving out to Cajun Country, you will travel through wild cypress swamps, over the Mississippi River on an impressive suspended bridge, and along vast sugarcane fields, as your guide tells a unique story of the odyssey of the Cajun people.
Enjoy a narrated boat tour (about 1.5 hours duration) on winding bayous in remote cypress swamps. Your Cajun guide, also an alligator hunter and fur trapper, shares his knowledge of the swamp including reptile habits, healing plants and exotic birds.
After this peaceful ride, explore his picturesque swamp zoo on Bayou Boeuf.
Tours are operated in top of the line 13 passenger vans ensuring the greatest of comfort and personalized service.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from downtown New Orleans and French Quarter hotels only
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Small-Group Bayou Tour of Cajun Country
- Transport by 13-passenger air-conditioned van
- Cajun Country Tour
- Narrated boat tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Service animals are permitted. Please advise at time of booking to arrange accommodations
Reviewed by: HEATHER D, May 2015
Great trip. The captain really knew his stuff. We saw plenty of alligators, frogs birds etc. would highly recommend this trip. Only down side was the minibus was a bit cramped and very bumpy in the back, well worth it though.
Reviewed by: Thomas P H, March 2014
Both the guide and Roland were fascinating in their presentation about the Cajun history and life on the Bayou. I have told many people how this was a special experience, long to remember.