Pisa and the Leaning Tower Half-Day Trip from Florence
- Led by a local guide
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Great overview and orientation of the city
Walk around Cathedral Square, home to the famous Leaning Tower of Pisa – a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Pose for photos by the tilting monument, which has captivated sightseers for centuries, and learn all about its history from your guide. The square is also home to Pisa Baptistry, Campo Santo and Duomo di Pisa, so listen to your guide explain each one as you walk around.
After your tour of Cathedral Square, choose from one of two different options. Either enjoy free time to discover Pisa at your own pace or continue sightseeing on a guided walk to Knights' Square. Pass the Church of San Sisto, the oldest church in Pisa. See the house of Conte Ugolino who is mentioned by Dante on the Divive Comedy. Then enter Knights' Square itself, seeing the prestigious Scuola Normale di Pisa, part of the city's university that was founded by Napoleon Bonaparte. Admire the square's Renaissance buildings and marble statues, and hear how it was once the political center of medieval Pisa. Continue past an ancient house where the 18th-century Italian poet Giacomo Leopardi once lived, and then finish your walking tour with a visit to Piazza Arcivedscovado to see Palazzo Vescovile.
If you opted to spend your afternoon at leisure, simply return to the meeting point at the pre-arranged time to meet your tour escort and return to the coach.Travel back to Florence, and then finish your day trip with a drop-off at the start point.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Pisa and The Leaning Tower Tour from Florence
- Transport by air-conditioned coach (maximum 50 people)
- Live commentary on board
- Tour escort
- Professional guide in Pisa
- Optional gratuities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- A dress code is required to enter places of worships and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. This dress code is strictly enforced and you will risk refused entry if you fail to comply with requirements
Reviewed by: Edmund H, March 2015
Bus tour lady was great, guide in pisa was very nice, and the extra tour from pisa to the near by town was even better as everyone else stayed so it was just my family and the guide who was great
Reviewed by: Nikita M, March 2015
A really convenient way to tick another site of the bucket list!