Select a datex
Experience Durban, a city of contrasts on the Durban City Sightseeing Tour. Shaped by the early Colonial settlers, see the city has developed from the indigenous Zulu population and the Indians who arrived as indentured laborers in the 19th Century.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Travel along the 'Golden Mile' beachfront towards the harbor entrance where you can see anything from sari clad Indian ladies walking on the sand to traditional healers collecting bottles of seawater to use as muti (medicine).
Continue past Durban City Hall and learn about its humorous history, before visiting the Phansi Museum, home to a collection of South African artifacts and traditions. See beadworks, headrests, Zulu Clay Pots and various other treasures as you browse the museum with your expert guide.
See Durban's Botanic Gardens, founded in 1849, where you'll find a mix of African, Asian and American trees. Throughout the tour your expert guide will introduce you to the rich Indian history of Durban, and you'll have the opportunity to enjoy a taste of the unique 'Bunny Chow' cuisine before your tour concludes.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tour departs from selected Durban city hotels
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Return Details:Returns to original departure point at approximately 12:00pm (noon)
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Golden Mile Beachfront
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Professional narration by tour guide
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- The listed price does not include a R5.00 per person fuel surcharge, payable at the time of tour check-in. The fuel surcharge is required by our local supplier and is not within our control.
- Please note, the Phansi Museum is closed to visitors on Sundays
- Coaches are not wheelchair accessible.
- A minimum of 2 people is required for this tour to operate.
- Toilets are available on coaches with a seating capacity of 28 to 44 passengers. There are no toilets on the 15 seater Sprinters and Minivans. Vehicle used will depend on passenger numbers on the day.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.