Private Overnight Safari: Sandboarding, Camel Ride, BBQ Dinner and Belly Dancing
After a pickup from your centrally located Dubai hotel, relax in your private air-conditioned 4X4 vehicle as you head to the desert that surrounds the city. Admire views of the barren yet enchanting landscape on the way, and listen to your private guide’s tales about the region and its fascinating geology.
First stop on your desert rendezvous is a traditional camel farm to see herds of the magnificent humpbacked herbivores. Show off your balance skills on a camel ride around the enclosures, and learn about the different types of camels that are commonly seen in the desert around Dubai.
Continue by 4x4 across the desert plains and try your hand at a popular local pastime: sandboarding! Learn to master the art of 'surfing on sand' and race your friends and fellow travelers down the sand dunes during in an adrenaline-rushing experience. If you have upgraded to include a 30- or 60-minute quad-biking experience, enjoy this after sandboarding. Listen to a safety briefing, and then take to the dunes as you follow a local guide around the desert canyons and valleys.
Then, travel with your guide to a campsite, nestled deep in the desert where you will join other guests sharing the same experience. Take a seat outside to watch your show as the sun sets over the craggy canyons and sun-baked plains, and settle in for the evening’s entertainment. Get a henna tattoo design on your hands or feet, watch a traditional tanoura folk dance, and feast on a delicious barbecue dinner. See the Itinerary for a sample menu.
After dinner, smoke a shisha (Arabic water pipe), if you wish, and watch a live belly-dance performance around the campfire. Relax under a canopy of twinkling stars and enjoy an experience that could be straight out of One Thousand and One Nights!
When you are ready to leave the partying, make your way to your tent — complete with comfortable mattress, pillows and sleeping bag — within the camp. Settle in and enjoy sleeping overnight in the heart of the desert!
Overnight: Arabic camp in the desert
Day 2: Dubai Desert – Dubai (B)
Relax over breakfast, meet your private driver and then travel back to Dubai. Your overnight experience finishes with a drop-off at your hotel.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Overnight desert experience
Tour and 30-Min Quad Bike Ride
Overnight desert experience with 30-minute quad biking session
Tour and 60-Min Quad Bike Ride
Overnight desert experience with 60-minute quad biking session
The evening includes a belly dancer performing her show around the campfire by starlight, before pitching a tent beneath the star studded sky
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from select Dubai hotels
- Transport by 4x4 vehicle
- Private guide
- Camel ride
- Beverages (soft drinks and water)
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, D=dinner)
- Henna tattoo
- Belly dance performance (excluding Ramadan)
- 1 night of campsite accommodation (tent, mattress and sleeping bag)
- Quad bike and helmet if option selected
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Anantara Qasr al Sarab, Anantara Desert Islands, Tilal Liwa Hotel or Liwa Hotel
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drink, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid copy of your passport is required on the day of travel
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Children 3 years and under are not recommended for this tour
- Note that rice, daal curry and vegetable samosas are available for vegetarians
First course (choose from following selection):
- Hummus, green salad with tomatoes and cucumbers, olives, coleslaw and Arabic bread
- Lamb chops, marinated chicken, beef burgers, barbequed potatoes, sauteed onions, steamed rice and lentil curry
- Arabic coffee and dates
Reviewed by: natasha p, February 2013
Great experience!! Def worth doing :)
Reviewed by: Julie V, January 2012
Was well worth paying extra for private vehicle. Broke my wrist quad biking, that hurt. Continued on with the trip, bandaging my wrist (which is now in cast). I took my tripod expecting to get some great sunset shots, I didn't. So don't waste your time dragging your tripod around the world. Food was beautiful. Plenty of choice of drinks. Toilets were clean. There was about 40 people for dinner and we were only couple that stayed over, which was great. Would not want to experience dinner and overnight in peak season when its busy, would spoil the experience.