Private Tour: Giza Pyramids and Sphinx
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- All entrance fees included
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
After visiting the pyramids, you'll then continue across the plateau for a photo opportunity of the three pyramids rising from the sands, with the Cairo skyline in the background.
A short drive to the city side of the plateau finds you standing at the feet of the Sphinx, for thousands of years the enigmatic symbol of Egypt. The Sphinx has the body of a lion and the head of a king, and is surrounded in mystery, including the unanswered questions: who built it and why.
In addition you will have the chance to visit a Papyrus Institute to see how this famous artwork is made. If you do not want to include this visit, just inform your guide on the day.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Centrally located Cairo and Giza hotels
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Entrance to Giza Plateau
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance to inside of the Pyramids (approximately EGP 40-100)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Reviewed by: Christopher E, December 2015
Had a fantastic time visiting the Pyramids with our guide Ahmed. He had a wealth of information regarding Egyptian Antiquity and was a nice guy too. The driver Zaki was also very good. I would definitely recommend taking a tour rather than visiting alone as you get bothered by the touts and hawkers a lot less.
Reviewed by: Julie K, November 2015
The best part of our tour. Drivers were very skilled at getting through the Cairo streets and outlying areas. We waited a long time to see the Sphinx and Giza Pyramids. It was awesome! Ahmad was our tour guide, spoke very good English and was very funny and knowledgeable. Thanks for a wonderful vacation. We couldn't have done it without Viator!