Select a datex
The second most frequently visited and certainly one of the most important attractions in Cairo is the Egyptian Museum. You will find the fabulous collection of King Tutankhamun and monuments from all periods of Egyptian history, from the pre historic era to the Greco-Roman period.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
First built in Boulak, in 1891 it was moved to the Giza Palace of "Ismail Pasha" which housed the antiquities that were later moved to the present building.
Housing 165,000 Egyptian artifacts, the Egyptian Museum in Cairo attracts millions of visitors each year. The highlight for most are the rooms containing the priceless treasures of King Tutankhamun. His 6 gold gilded coffins, each one smaller and more intricately decorated than the last, dominate the main hall, while his magnificent death mask is the must-see item of the day.
The Royal Mummies Room (additional cost) is another highlight of the Egyptian Museum. Here you can see the mummies of many great Egyptian rulers, including Ramses II, the builder of the temples at Abu Simbel. Throughout the rest of the museum you will find countless Egyptian artifacts dating back thousands of years. Your guide will introduce you to the most important pieces before allowing you free time to explore at leisure.
This is a private tour allowing you to determine the amount of time spent at the museum. In addition you will have the chance to visit a Papyrus Institute to see how this famous artwork is made and have the chance to purchase genuine items if you wish. If you do not want to include this visit, just inform your guide on the day.
King Tutankhamun collection, Egyptian Museum in Cairo
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from centrally located Cairo and Giza hotels
- 9:00am (earlier or later departures are available until 1:00pm if required, please advise at time of booking)
Please note, the Egyptian Museum will close from 2pm every Wednesday, starting from 1st October 2010, in order to perform maintenance work
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Egyptian Museum, Cairo
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Entrance to The Egyptian Museum
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance to the Royal Mummies Room at the Egyptian Museum (approximately EGP100.00)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.