Select a datex
Already seen the Great Pyramids of Giza and Sphinx? Immerse yourself further into Egypt's history as your own private Egyptologist guide to leads the way on this private tour with an unmissable visit to the famous Egyptian Museum. Follow this with a stroll through Khan el-Khalili bazaar and a visit to Cairo's most popular Islamic attraction - the Alabaster Mosque.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Housing 165,000 Egyptian artifacts, the Egyptian Museum in Cairo attracts millions of visitors a year. The highlight for most are the priceless treasures of King Tutankhamun. His 6 gold gilded coffins dominate the main hall, while his magnificent death mask is the must-see item of the day. Your guide will introduce you to the most important pieces before allowing you free time to explore the museum at leisure.
The Alabaster Mosque at the Citadel of Salah el-Din sits atop a limestone hill overlooking Cairo and is the most important mosque in the city. Still used as a place of worship today by the Muslims of Cairo, the architectural masterpiece opens its doors to visitors of all faiths. The lower part of the Mosque is clad inside and out with Alabaster, while the top part is constructed from the limestone cladding removed from the Pyramids of Giza.Inside the mosque your guide will introduce you to the basics of the beliefs of Islam, including a translation of the most common prayers.
Continuing to Khan el Khalili bazaar, your guide will give you an introduction to the famous markets which claim to have inspired Christopher Columbus to discover the USA. Enjoy free time to stroll through the maze of streets and try your luck bargaining with the shop owners for a souvenir of your trip to Egypt. This is a private tour allowing you to determine the amount of time spent at each of the sites during the tour. In addition you will have the chance to visit a Papyrus Institute to see how this famous artwork is made and have the chance to purchase genuine items if you wish.
The Egyptian Museum in Cairo
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Centrally located Cairo and Giza hotels
- 9:00am (earlier or later departures are available until 10:00am if required, please advise at time of booking)
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Private tour to Egyptian Museum, Alabaster Mosque, Khan el-Khalili with Egyptologist guide. Includes pickup/drop off from Cairo and Giza hotels
Private tour to Egyptian Museum, Alabaster Mosque, Khan el-Khalili with Egyptologist guide. Includes lunch; pickup/drop off from Cairo and Giza hotels
Alabaster Mosque, Cairo
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Entrance to Egyptian Museum
- Entrance to Citadel of Salah el-Din
- Lunch (if option selected)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance to the Royal Mummies Room at the Egyptian Museum (approximately EGP100.00)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.