Select a datex
Don't get caught up in a touristy restaurant trying watered-down goulash in Budapest! Hungarian food, wine, spirits and hospitality are famous all over the world, and you'll discover why on this gastronomic tour with your private guide. Numbers are limited to 8 people on this small-group Budapest food and wine tasting walking tour, ensuring you'll receive personalized attention from your guide.
- Free drinks included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
Your tasting extravaganza provides an overview of Hungary's typical food and drink, led by a private guide. You'll learn how Hungarian food is prepared and the exact ingredients that go into making the famous dishes, plus visit a market to see where the locals shop for traditional ingredients. You'll also get insider tips where to find the best restaurants while in Budapest!
Your tour begins with a visit to the great market hall where you will get an overview of the produce used in Hungarian kitchen. Here you will learn all about the use of the famous paprika spice, local vegetables and meats. Follow your guide through Budapest to the citiy's best known butchers and patisseries and sample traditional Hungarian delicacies, including kolbasz (Hungarian sausage) and Dobos Torta (sponge cake layered with chocolate butter cream and topped with caramel). What you taste will vary depending on the season.
After your samplings, you'll visit a wine shop for a wine-tasting and more information about the wines you will try. The wine-tasting covers three traditional wines of Hungary, and reveals the history and legends behind each wine.
Special Offer! - Book now and save 10% on the recommended retail price! - Book Now!
Budapest Food and Wine Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Central Budapest
Return Details:Tour ends at wine bar just a short walk from the Great Market Hall
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Budapest Wine Tasting and Lunch
- Professional guide
- Visit to the Great Market Hall
- Hungarian food tasting
- Wine tasting (3 wines)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking. Options for vegetarians, guests with allergies and religious dietary restrictions may be limited
- In the unlikely event that market hall is closed it will be substituted with a local grocery store
- Tour goes in all weather conditions
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.