Budapest Food and Wine Tasting Tour
- Free drinks included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
Your tour begins with a visit to the great market hall where you will get an overview of the produce used in Hungarian kitchen. Here you will learn all about the use of the famous paprika spice, local vegetables and meats. Follow your guide through Budapest to the citiy's best known butchers and patisseries and sample traditional Hungarian delicacies, including kolbasz (Hungarian sausage) and Dobos Torta (sponge cake layered with chocolate butter cream and topped with caramel). What you taste will vary depending on the season.
After your samplings, you'll visit a wine shop for a wine-tasting and more information about the wines you will try. The wine-tasting covers three traditional wines of Hungary, and reveals the history and legends behind each wine.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Budapest Wine Tasting and Lunch
- Professional guide
- Visit to the Great Market Hall
- Hungarian food tasting
- Wine tasting (3 wines)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking. Options for vegetarians, guests with allergies and religious dietary restrictions may be limited
- In the unlikely event that market hall is closed it will be substituted with a local grocery store
- Tour goes in all weather conditions
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Reviewed by: Stephen R, February 2016
Sophia was the best tour guide, as we stopped through out Budapest to sample Hungarian food and drink. I highly recommend this tour, since you are educated on not only food and drink, but also the Hungarian culture, history and lifestyle.
Reviewed by: LeAnn A, January 2016
This was absolutely wonderful! Be sure not to eat before because there is so much to taste on this tour. Budapest is a lovely city and our guide was very informative as we walked. We tasted a good variety of regional favorites, food and beverages! The finally was wine tasting in a lovely wine cellar. We highly recommend this tour!