Wieliczka Salt Mine Half-Day Trip from Krakow
- Hotel pickup included
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- All entrance fees included
Legend has it that the salt mines were part of the dowry of the Hungarian princess, Kinga, when she married Boleslaw the Shy over 700 years ago. You'll tour the richly ornamented Chapel of the Blessed Kinga and visit an underground salt-mining exhibition on Level 3.
Your guided tour takes you from 210 to 440 feet (64 to 135 meters) underground, passing through galleries and chambers on three levels. The guided walk consists of 20 monumental chambers joined by 1.5 miles (2.5 kilometers) of pathways.
Entering the Wieliczka Salt Mine, you'll descend a 380-step staircase to Level 1. Although this walk is not strenuous and can be undertaken in ordinary footwear, it will need to be considered when booking this tour. The last stop on your visit to the mine is the souvenir shop and snack bar. From here, a lift carries you back to the surface.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Krakow hotels. Please advise your full hotel name and address at time of booking.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Tour drops off at selected Krakow hotels. You will be advised on the day the closest drop off point to your hotel.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
9am Tour in English
Departs at 9am
3:15pm Tour in English
Departs at 3:15pm
Wieliczka Salt Mines from Krakow
- Local guide
- Admission ticket to Wieliczka Salt Mine Museum
- Guided walk through Wieliczka Salt Mine (elevator ride to the ground level on exit only)
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach (maximum 45 people)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Reviewed by: Lazy traveller, Australia, September 2014
It was an excellent tour and enjoyed the history told by the guide.
Reviewed by: Yutah H, September 2014
Tour was well organised. Guide was very well spoken and informative