Journey into the picturesque countryside of Maryland and Pennsylvania on a day trip from Washington DC devoted to the historic battlefield of Gettysburg. You'll gain rich insights into an important part of America's heritage, and learn the story of the largest battle ever fought on US soil.
- Fully narrated tour
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
As you travel to Pennsylvania, relax and listen to as your guide identifies local points of interest.
When you arrive at Gettysburg you'll have time to explore the sights on your own. You'll see the Gettysburg Diorama, one of the largest miniature military dioramas in the country, for a narrated history of the Battle of Gettysburg, accompanied by sound and light effects.
While you tour the site, expert guides can provide essential background to the history of the famous battle.
Other highlights include:
- The restored home of George Washington Shriver
- The site where Confederate sharpshooters were killed
- The site where Civil War bullets and medical equipment were discovered 133 years later
This tour is seasonal and operates from March to November
Historic battlefield of Gettysburg
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from Union Station
Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Gettysburg Day Trip from Washington DC
- English speaking driver/guide
- Local taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food & Drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Washington DC to Gettysburg is a 2.5 hour coach ride
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If the wheelchair is collapsible (i.e. can fold up) and the passenger is able to walk onto the bus, the passenger can take any coach tour without making any special arrangements.
- If the passenger is confined to the wheelchair, or it is not collapsible, the passenger or their agent will need to contact the tour operator, two weeks prior to the departure of their tour to request a coach with a wheelchair lift. The contact details for the tour operator will be on your voucher once you have a confirmed booking.
You must present a paper voucher for this tour. We will email a link to access and print your voucher at the Lead Travelers email address. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.