Spend a relaxing day outside of San Francisco on this Wine Country bike tour! After pickup from your San Francisco hotel in the morning, head to Wine Country to explore the gorgeous wine-making region Northern California is famous for. Depending on the day, you’ll visit Napa Valley, Dry Creek Valley or Russian River Valley and enjoy an easy, scenic bike ride from winery to winery – a fun and unique way to experience this beautiful region. Sample exquisite local wine, take in the magnificent scenery, and stop for a gourmet picnic lunch among the vineyards.
- A la carte lunch included
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
Experience California Wine Country in a fun and exciting way – by bicycle! After complimentary pickup from your San Francisco hotel, escape the hustle and bustle of the city and relax on a scenic drive to Northern California’s famous wine-making region, where you’ll tour several wineries by bike and enjoy a delicious picnic lunch.
Explore Napa Valley, Dry Creek Valley or Russian River Valley, depending on the day, and let your local sommelier guide teach you about the unique characteristics of the various regions. Dry Creek includes the town of Healdsburg and is known for its Zinfandel, while Russian River is near Santa Rosa and is known for its Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. Napa Valley includes the hot springs of Calistoga and is a world-renown region for producing several types of premium wines. Take a scenic bicycle tour of the beautiful area and visit hand-selected wineries known to produce some of the highest- quality wine in Northern California.
At each winery, taste a variety of local wines and enjoy expert commentary from your sommelier guide. Follow charming roads and enjoy the breathtaking landscape of the California Wine Country as you cycle from winery to winery. Stop between wineries and indulge in a delicious picnic lunch (see itinerary section below for sample menu) among the vineyards. See the Itinerary section below for sample menu to whet your appetite! A shuttle will follow you to carry any wine purchases and assist any riders who would like to be driven. The total mileage ranges between 10 and 15 miles (16 and 20 km). Biking the whole way is optional and, at any point, guests may choose to ride in the shuttle. At the end of your tour, sit back, relax and enjoy convenient transport back to your San Francisco hotel.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:San Francisco hotels
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Gears and Grapes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
- Bike and helmet
- Picnic lunch
- Van transportation to and from San Francisco
- Wine tasting fees (USD $10-15 at each winery)
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
• Selection of cheeses (e.g. French Brie, local goat cheese and Spanish Manchego)
• Charcuterie selection (e.g. prosciutto, salami, coppa)
• Fresh assortment of locally baked bread
• Green salad (e.g. wild arugula with fresh figs, roasted asparagus, and pine nuts in a Meyer lemon vinaigrette).
• Legume salad (e.g. toasted garbanzo beans with roasted Brussels sprouts and wild mushrooms in a sundried tomato rémoulade)
• Grain/starch salad (e.g. arborio rice with roasted butternut squash, charred broccoli and dried cranberries served with shaved parmigiana)
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.