Ancient Appian Way, Catacombs and Roman Countryside Electric Bike Tour
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
10:30am 6-Hour Tour
6-hour bike tour departing at 10:30am
2pm 6-Hour Tour
6-hour bike tour departing at 2pm
Ancient Appian Way
- Guided visit of the Catacombs of S. Callisto
- Aperitif in Caffarella Park
- 27-gear trekking bike
- Rain coat (if necessary)
- Local guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- We require all customers to wear a helmet (provided for free)
- Infants aged 1 - 4 years of age travel free of charge. Baby seats are provided up to 45 lbs (20 kg)
- During February the Catacombs are closed: tour will last only five hours in this case
- You will cover an area of approximately 19 miles (30 Km); the ride is leisurely but eventually will go uphill and off-road, so a medium to high level of fitness is recommended
- Are the tours safe? The answer is: Absolutely! The tours follow carefully planned routes which have limited access to traffic, and some have no traffic at all, meaning you are able to enjoy your ride around the city in total relaxation and safety and you won't have to worry about traffic
Reviewed by: Amanda H, November 2015
This bike tour was wonderful, majestic. This is the Rome I imagined. If you do nothing else while here, make certain you book this tour. Thank you for an amazing day!
Reviewed by: Mark J, November 2015
Being this was our 2nd trip to Italy and Rome, we wanted to do something other than visit churches and ruins. This was a perfect day to spend out of the hustle and bustle of the city. The Appian Way was a nice surprise, right in the heart of Rome. Our guide, Mateo, was friendly and knowledgable, spoke excellent English. We had a smaller group of 7 riders but he made sure everyone was doing well throughout the trip. The stop at the farm to have fresh Pecorino and wine was wonderful! The farm sits right in a public park. The tour of the catacombs was interesting, something I wouldn't have thought to go see and the aquaducts were incredible. It was our first time on eBikes and they were fun! If you like being outdoors and doing something active other than walking then this tour is for you. HIGHLY recommend this tour!