Mt Fuji, Lake Ashi and Bullet Train Day Trip from Tokyo
- Instant Confirmation
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup included
After seeing the Visitor Center, return to your coach and proceed to Mt Fuji’s 5th Station, located about halfway up the mountain at 7,545 feet (2,300m). Take in the shrines, torii gates and shops that sell souvenirs, along with views of Mt Fuji and the surrounding lakes (subject to weather conditions). Soak in the invigorating atmosphere of 5th Station; you might even spot some climbers preparing for their adventure. Then have time for lunch. You can choose the upgrade that includes a Japanese-style lunch, or have the option to buy your own meal.
After having a bite to eat, drive to nearby Lake Ashi, located in Hakone National Park. Step aboard your boat for a short cruise across the lake. Admire the spectacular scenery of pristine waters surrounded by Mt Komagatake, Mt Fuji and other mountains.
Disembark from the boat and head to the Mt Komagatake Ropeway, an aerial tram that takes you from the shores of Lake Ashi to the top of Mt Komagatake. Have time to walk around the mountain top and take in amazing views of Lake Ashi, the Owakudani volcanic valley and majestic Mt Fuji.
After visiting Hakone, transfer by coach to the evening bullet train (Shinkansen) for your return to Tokyo, where your guide will tell you how to get back to your hotel.
This tour also offer a discounted option with pickup at Keio Plaza Hotel in Shinjuku for direct transfer to Mt Fuji without stopping at Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal. This Shinjuku direct departure option allows you to spend more time at Mt Fuji. Please select
"Tour+Lunch+Shinjuku Transfer" (Code: F800KP) at checkout for this option.
Please note: Views around Mt Fuji are always subject to weather conditions as mountain weather is notoriously unpredictable. Visibility tends to be better during the colder months, in the early morning and late evening.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
"Tour+Lunch+Shinjuku Transfer" option (F800KP): Meet at Keio Plaza Hotel for the direct bus to Mt Fuji
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
This discounted option includes pickup from Keio Plaza Hotel in Shinjuku & lunch. You MUST pick Keio Plaza Hotel under Hotel Pickup at checkout or face cancellation. Drop-off is at Tokyo Station
USD $149.08Pricing details
Traditional Japanese style lunch is included; Pickup is from select Tokyo hotels; Drop-off is at Tokyo Station
USD $152.80Pricing details
Lunch is not included; Pickup is from select Tokyo hotels; Drop-off is at Tokyo Station
USD $139.32Pricing details
Mt Fuji, Lake Ashi and Bullet Train Day Trip from Tokyo
- One-way travel by motorcoach, return by Shinkansen bullet train
- Free Wi-Fi while on bus
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Cruise on Lake Ashi
- Mt Komagatake Ropeway (check Additional Info for dates not operating)
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Local taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel drop off
- Audio guide in Spanish and Chinese is not included for tour option F880KP__
- Hotel pickup for "Tour+Lunch+Shinjuku Transfer" option
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Please note, hotel pickup is available from selected hotels in Tokyo
- If your hotel is on the list of selected hotels, please select it at checkout
- If you cannot find your hotel on the list, please select the nearest hotel offered on the list at checkout to be picked up at
- If you prefer to meet directly at Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal, please select it from the Hotel Pickup list at checkout
you select the discounted Shinjuku direct departure option you MUST
select Keio Plaza Hotel under Hotel Pickup at checkout or face
- Please note: This tour will depart regardless of weather conditions. No refund will be given in the event that the weather limits views of Mt Fuji
- In the event of poor weather or bad traffic conditions, tour itinerary is subject to change without notice. No cancellations or refunds will be issued. See voucher for details
- We recommend you bring a coat or other warm clothing during spring, autumn and winter
- Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own caretaker
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat, and meals are not included
- Vegetarian menu is available and MUST be advise be advised at time of booking
Reviewed by: Lisa M, February 2016
The trips was excellent. Apart from not being able to get up to the 5th station at Mt Fuji, due to road closures, the whole day was an amazing experience. Right from the pickup at our hotel to our drop off at Tokyo Station I couldn't fault anything. The guide, Hiro, was very knowledgeable about Japanese history and tradition and kept us fully informed the whole day. If you are going in the winter months, be sure to take warm clothes as at the top of Mt Komatagake it was bitterly cold! But the view was worth it. It was a first for many things for us including the ride home on the Shinkansen! The traditional Japanese lunch was fabulous. All in all a very worthwhile trip.
Reviewed by: David P, February 2016
Tour director was not that interested in those of us on the tour. You could have run a tape instead of employing a director.