Kyoto Rail Tour by Bullet Train from Tokyo
- Instant Confirmation
- Rail Tour
- Choice of seating available
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Hotel pickup included
Enjoy a Western-style lunch at the New Miyako Hotel before beginning your afternoon city tour in Kyoto. After your meal, travel by comfortable coach to the spectacular Heian-jingu Shrine, a Shinto structure built in 1895 to commemorate the 1,100 year anniversary of the founding of Kyoto. The shrine's design reproduced the architecture of an Emperor’s palace from an earlier era. Outside, walk through the lush gardens next to a large pond.
Next, travel to Sanjusangen-do Temple and marvel at its long wooden structure. Walk inside and be amazed by the main deity of the temple, the Thousand Armed Kannon, who is flanked by 1,000 life-size Buddhist statues that date to the 12th and 13th centuries. Listen as your guide explains the history and significance of the stunning temple.
Afterward, head to the hills for great views over Kyoto and a visit to Kiyomizu-dera Temple, a temple with several magnificent buildings, situated on a hilltop. Hear from your guide about the amazing construction of the temple, which doesn't use any nails. Note the Otowa spring that flows under the temple’s main hall; legend says that anyone who sips its waters will be granted a wish.
After a full afternoon of sightseeing in Kyoto, your guide brings you to the train station in the evening for your return to Tokyo on the bullet train.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal or selected hotels in Tokyo
Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal: 9am
Please contact the local tour operator after booking to confirm your departure time
Concludes at Tokyo Station at approximately 9:15pm
Hotel drop-off is available for select hotels
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
First Class - Green Car
First-class reserved seat on Shinkansen Bullet train from Tokyo to Kyoto
USD $465.14Pricing details
Standard-class reserved seat on Shinkansen Bullet train from Tokyo to Kyoto
USD $374.65Pricing details
Kyoto Rail Tour by Bullet Train from Tokyo
- Bullet Train from Tokyo to Kyoto
- Afternoon sightseeing tour of Kyoto
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Hotel drop off only from Tokyo Station (selected hotels only)
- Local taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Complimentary hotel pickup and drop-off is offered for this tour. Hotel pickup and drop-off is available from selected hotels, and if you cannot find your hotel on the list, please choose the nearest hotel offered or meet directly at Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal. If you will meet directly at Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal, please select that option from the Hotel Pickup list at checkout
- Your tour will not be confirmed until you provide the tour operator with your pickup and drop-off location, so your desired location should be chosen at checkout. If you cannot provide your desired pickup and drop-off location at checkout, you must provide this information to the tour operator at least 3 days prior to your travel date or your tour operator may reject this booking
- Please provide the local contact information of your accommodation to the tour operator at least 3 days prior to your travel date so they may contact you for anything urgent, otherwise, your tour operator may reject this booking
If you cancel between 3 and 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Mary L M, August 2015
The tour was excellent! Kudos to KC, our tour guide in Kyoto. He was an excellent guide, with his insights and entertaining comments. He sure did make the tour so much fun, despite the heat. THANKS!
Reviewed by: Seri K, August 2015
First rate service, as expected of Viator. Everything was smooth and very pleasant.