Capture the quintessential Japanese travel experiences - Mt Fuji, Kyoto and Nara - on a three-day Bullet train rail tour from Tokyo. Your experience begins with the spectacular scenery of Mt Fuji and Hakone National Park. Continue by Bullet train to Kyoto where you'll spend the next two nights. On day two discover Kyoto's rich history and culture with visits to the Golden Pavilion, Nijo Castle and Kyoto's Imperial Palace. In the afternoon travel to the historic city of Nara, the first permanent capital of Japan. Highlights include Todaiji Temple and Nara Deer Park. On day three you'll have the option to returning to Tokyo by Bullet train after spending the day sightseeing at your leisure, or staying on in Kyoto.
- Multi-Day Trip
- Rail Tour
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Hotel pickup included
Your tour begins with a relaxing coach trip to Mt Fuji, Japan's highest mountain. Cruise Lake Ashi, enjoy a ropeway ride over Owakudani Valley and zoom your way to Kyoto aboard a high-speed Shinkansen Bullet train.
Next day, you'll take a morning sightseeing tour of Kyoto's famous cultural sites, visiting the Golden Pavilion, Nijo Castle, noted for its gorgeous interiors, and Kyoto Imperial Palace. After lunch at the Kyoto Handicraft Center, you'll travel to Nara and its abundance of Unesco World Heritage Sites. You'll visit the Todaiji Temple housing a great image of Buddha, colorful Kasuga Shrine with 3,000 lanterns, and the Deer Park, where tame deer freely roam.
On the third day, you can either spend the day sightseeing at your leisure and return to Tokyo by Bullet train in the evening, or you can choose to stay on in Kyoto.
3-Day Mt Fuji, Kyoto and Nara Rail Tour by Bullet Train from Tokyo
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Tour departs from Keio Plaza Hotel or selected hotels in Tokyo
- 9.00am from Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Return Details:Concludes at Tokyo Train Station approximately 9:40pm or in the morning at Kyoto (depending on option chosen)
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
One-way tour from Tokyo to Kyoto staying at New Miyako tourist class hotel
One-way tour from Tokyo to Kyoto staying at Righa Royal tourist class hotel
One-way tour from Tokyo to Kyoto staying at Hotel Monterey a first class hotel
One-way tour from Tokyo to Kyoto staying at Kyoto Hotel Okura a first class hotel
Roundtrip tour staying at New Miyako tourist class hotel
Roundtrip tour staying at Righa Royal tourist class hotel
Roundtrip tour staying at Hotel Monterey a first class hotel
Roundtrip tour staying at Kyoto Hotel Okura a first class hotel
3-Day Mt Fuji, Kyoto and Nara Rail Tour by Bullet Train from Tokyo
- 3-day Bullet train rail tour
- 2 nights accommodation
- 2 lunches
- Professional guide
- Cruise on Lake Ashi
- Owakudani Valley Ropeway ride
- Morning sightseeing tour of Kyoto
- Afternoon sightseeing tour of Nara
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Baggage Handling (roundtrip)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Infant meals not included
- Maximum of 2 passengers per room. If you are traveling with a party of 3 travelers or more, you must make separate bookings
Itinerary:Day 1: Tokyo - Mt. Fuji - Hakone - Kyoto
Transfer by deluxe motorcoach to the foot of Mt. Fuji via the expressway. Drive halfway up Mt Fuji, Japan's highest mountain, to enjoy the spectacular views from 2,300 meters (7545 feet), followed by lunch at the Hotel Highland Resort. After lunch, visit Hakone for a cruise on Lake Ashi (Pirate Boat) and ropeway ride at Owakudani Vallay, very popular volcanic landscape before boarding a Shinkansen train (bullet train) to the classical city of Kyoto.
Kyoto overnight accommodation - you can choose from the following Tourist or First Class hotels in Kyoto. Please specify at time of booking. Hotel is not guaranteed and is subject to availability.
Tourist Class hotels:
- New Miyako Hotel
- Rihga Royal Hotel Kyoto
First Class hotels:
- Kyoto Hotel Okura
- Hotel Monterey Kyoto
When choosing your hotel you MUST also include the following information in the 'Special Requirements' box.
- Please advise if you require single, twin or double rooms
- Please advise your pre and post accommodation
Day 2: Enjoy more sightseeing in Kyoto and Nara.
Morning sightseeing of Kyoto, visiting Kinkakuji Temple (Golden Pavilion), Nijo castle noted for its gorgeous interiors, and Kyoto Imperial Palace. After lunch at Kyoto Handicraft Center, proceed to Nara, the first permanent capital of Japan. Visit Todaiji Temple housing a great image of Buddha, colorful Kasuga Taisha Shrine with 3,000 lanterns and Nara Park (Deer Park) where many tame deer are freely roaming.
After the sightseeing, drive back to your hotels in Kyoto .
Day 3: Please select your preferred option at time of booking.
Round Trip Course Kyoto to Tokyo (Day 3): Free at leisure until departure.
Return to Tokyo by Bullet train in the evening and arriving at Tokyo Station around 9:40pm.
Drop off service is available to hotels in Tokyo where the pick-up service is provided
One Way Trip Course Kyoto (Day 3) The tour finishes after you check out your hotel.
PLEASE NOTE:For Day 1:
- When "Fuji Visitor Center" is closed, or if the tour is behind the schedule due to traffic jam, "Fuji Visitor Center" may be skipped.
- When the driveway up to Mt.Fuji's 5th station is closed in winter and somedays in early spring due to heavy snow, or if the tour is behind schedule due to traffic jam, you will go up the highest possible point.
- Although Hakone Ropeway or Pirate Boat may be omitted or substituted depending on traffic, weather conditions, or for other operational reasons, the tour will not be canceled or tour fee will not be refunded. In this case, you will enjoy one in case either of them is omitted or two on case both of them are omitted out of following alternatives: Nakamura Museum in Hakone, Hakone Check Point, Cruise on Lake Kawaguchi, Lake Kawaguchi Ropeway, Hakone-en Aquarium, and Hakone shrine.
- Even if you go up to the 5th station of Mt. Fuji, is so happens that you cannot see the full view of Mt. Fuji due to the weather conditions. We shall never make any refund and also never cancel the tour operation for this reason.
- At the "Nijo Castle", on every Tuesdays in Jan., Jul., Aug. & Dec., "Nijo Castle" is closed and you will visit "Ryoanji Temple" instead.
- At the Kyoto Imperial Palace, on every Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays and some other days, Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed and you will visit "Nishi Honganji" instead.
- To enter the Kyoto Imperial Palace, you are required to fill out the form (your name, sex, age, nationality).
Terms and Conditions:
If you cancel at least 8 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.