Skip the Line Private Tour: Ancient Rome and Colosseum Art History Walking Tour
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Skip the line
- All entrance fees included
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
Once inside the Colosseum, you will hear about the amphitheater's bloody past as you listen to tales of gladiators, mock sea-battles and executions. After a brief rest at the Arch of Constantine, you will arrive at the Palatine Hill, the most famous of the seven hills of Rome. From here you can admire the magnificent views of the Roman Forum and Nero's Circus Maximus where chariot races were held.
The last stop on your private walking tour is a stroll along the Via Sacra or 'Sacred Way', the main path through the Roman Forum that was used for triumphal processions.
This in-depth private tour of the Colosseum and Roman Forum is hosted by an English-speaking guide specializing in art history. Please list any special interests you have (art, architecture, history, culture) at the time of booking to alert your guide, so they can prepare for your private tour.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 10:00am. Arrive at strictly 9:45am.
Departs at 3:00pm. Arrive at strictly 2:45pm.
Skip the Line: Private Ancient Rome and Colosseum Walking Tour
- Guided private walking tour (3 hours) with commentary
- Skipping the entrance line to the Colosseum, Palatine Hill and Roman Forum
- Entrance and reservations fees
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 24 hours, subject to availability
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Reviewed by: Roy C, September 2014
Ms Karr was absolutely fabulous!!! She went the extra mile to tailor the tour to our interests and was very mindful of my elderly father and his needs. She is very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the subject matter.Would request her services again.
Reviewed by: John P, September 2014
The guide on this tour was excellent. Her knowledge was fantastic and she made us feel like we were actually there 2000 years ago as she pointed to sites and explained how life and activity around those sites would have been.