Punta Cana Half-Day Dune Buggy Adventure
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Small-group tour
- Led by a local guide
The adventure starts as you head out into the Dominican countryside, passing colorful Caribbean houses along the way. Your first stop will be for a real Dominican coffee, ensuring your energy level is high for the rest of your drive!
Following the nature path and passing by palm trees and banana plantations, you'll reach an authentic limestone mine. Driving back on a paved road to the villages of La Caiba and Macao, you'll make a stop at a local colmado (grocery store), where you can join local people from the countryside doing their daily shopping. Enjoy snacks and drinks at the colmado then head over to Macao Beach, one of the last natural beaches in the Dominican Republic.
Drive along the white sand and enjoy breathtaking views of the beach and ocean. If there's time, you'll stop for a quick dip in the ocean before returning back to Punta Cana!
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Shared Dune Buggy
Dune buggies fit up to 4 passengers and you may be sharing yours with another party. However, everyone will take turns driving!
Private Dune Buggy
Dune buggies fit up to 4 passengers but this option is if you want the dune buggy for just your party of 2. There will be more driving for you!
Punta Cana Half Day Dune Buggy Adventure
- Half-day dune buggy adventure
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Cup of Dominican coffee
- Snacks and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All children must be able to sit in a seat by themselves and must be accompanied by an adult
- Dune buggies have manual transmissions and operate with a 4-speed stick shift
- All drivers must present a valid driver's license
- Drivers must wear closed toe shoes
- Maximum group size is 12 people
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- No alcohol is permitted prior or during the tour
- Approximate driving distance is 55 miles (90 km)
- The route of the tour can be altered by the guide due to certain circumstances
- Please bring with you a swimsuit, towel and sunscreen. Each buggy has a small compartment which can fit a backpack
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Reviewed by: Karen C, September 2014
We had a great time and would do it again! The tour was everything it said it would be!
Reviewed by: Gary F, August 2014
Don't let the ride to the shop fool you, this was perhaps the best excursion our family ever took while traveling out of the US. Karl was an Excellent guide and there was no way we could have imagined the places he would take us; from the quaint rural everyday lives of most of the island people to the majesty of the abuttment at Macao beach. Every stop, and there were many, included interesting facts, things you would not read in a travel brochure. We forgot, but take candy or trinkets for rural children!!!