Sea Lion Encounter at Ocean World
Is there anything more playful than a sea lion? What better way to spend a day than in Dominican Republic's Ocean World Adventure Park, touching, feeding and playing with one of the most playful mammals of the sea.
Come to see the playful Patagonian sea lions - aptly named the clowns of the sea - swim, dive, leap, bark and show off their acrobatic skills before your up-close meeting in one of our interaction pools. Be sure to book your opportunity to meet, pet and feed these fascinating mammals!
The two male and six female sea lions at Ocean World come from Uruguay and South America and offer guests a very special encounter. Small groups of visitors are invited into unique pool areas where they can touch, feed, pet, and play games with these comical sea lions.
At the end of the encounter, guests get a hug, a big wet kiss and the photo opportunity of a lifetime! Take your own or order them from Ocean World's professional photographers.
You also have the option of combining your Sea Lion Encounter with a Dolphin Swim Program
Dolphin Swim: The Dolphin Swim is the most popular program at Ocean World. This program ultimately gives you the chance to experience a truly personal encounter with the dolphins. For 30 minutes you will spend some very special moments in the water with the dolphins, sharing a kiss, hugging, dancing, feeding, petting and swimming. A 'human hurdle' and a spectacular dorsal fin tow will finish off the program!
Admission is included when you book this interaction program.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from most Puerto Plata, Playa Dorada, Cofresi and Maimon hotels. A surcharge is charged for passengers transferring from Sosua, Cabarette, Rio San Juan, Bahia Principe, Playa Grande and Luperon (payable direct and only available on certain days).
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Sea Lion Encounter
30-minute sea lion encounter allowing you to touch, feed, pet & play games with the animals
USD $78.99Pricing details
Sea Lion & Dolphin Swim
30-minute sea lion encounter allowing you to touch, feed, pet & play games with the animals; 30-minute swim with dolphins including a dolphin kiss, hugging, dancing, feeding & petting
USD $207.99Pricing details
Get a kiss from a Sea Lion!
- Round trip bus transfers (surcharges apply for some hotels)
- 30 minute Sea Lion Encounter Program
- Dolphin Swim (if Combo option is selected at time of booking)
- Use of the Aquaglide water playground
- Snorkeling in Tropical Reef Aquarium
- Snorkeling Equipment
- Swimming in Tiger Grotto
- Sea Lion Shows (twice per day)
- Rainforest and Bird Exhibits
- Observation of all Dolphin and Sea Lion Interactive Programs
- Use of Dolphin Beach (beach lounge chairs included)
- Local Taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Dolphin Swim is ONLY included if the Combination Option is selected at time of booking
- Lunch (Buffet available for an additional US$14 booked and paid direct)
- Transfer Surcharge (if staying in Sosua, Cabarette, Rio San Juan, Bahia Principe, Playa Grande and Luperon)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A Buffet Lunch option is available for US$14 per person. Please book the Lunch Buffet when you call to reconfirm your tour
- The total duration for the Sea Lion Encounter is approximately 30 minutes
- Please Note: Pregnant passengers are not permitted to participate in any encounter / interactive programs
- Children aged 5 years and under are not permitted to participate in the Sea Lion Encounter
- Children aged 6 - 12 years must be accompanied by a paying adult in the same session
Park Schedule 9subject to change)
- 9:30am - 5:30pm: Caribbean Snorkel Reef, and the Love Bird Encounter Tropical Bird Sanctuary, all run continually throughout the day
- 9:30am: Stingray Encounter; Sea Lion Encounter
- 10:00am: Dolphin Swim and Encounter; Shark Feeding Show and Encounter
- 11:00am: Sea Lion Show; Dolphin Swim and Encounter
- 11:30am: Sea Lion Encounter
- 12:00pm: Dolphin Swim and Encounter; Stingray Encounter
- 12:30pm: Shark Feeding Show and Encounter
- 1:00pm: Dolphin Swim and Encounter
- 1:30pm: Sea Lion Encounter
- 2:00pm: Dolphin Swim and Encounter; Stingray Encounter
- 2:30pm: Shark Feeding Show and Encounter
- 3:00pm: Dolphin Swim and Encounter; Sea Lion Show
- 3:30pm: Sea Lion Encounter
- 4:00pm: Dolphin Swim and Encounter; Stingray Encounter
- 4:30pm: Shark Feeding Show and Encounter
- 5:00pm: Dolphin Swim and Encounter
Reviewed by: Robert P, March 2011
Do it and you will not be disappointed! It was the highlight of our trip!
Reviewed by: Fiona C, United Kingdom, January 2010