Skip the Line: Versailles Palace and Gardens Walking Tour
The famous Palace of Versailles is Parisian life at its most luxurious, with gold-brushed furniture, quilted four-poster beds and lush rolling lawns that stretch as far as the eye can see. Marvel at the sheer size of the Palace of Versailles, one of the most beautiful castles in the world with an astonishing 700 rooms.
Inside the palace, peruse its incredible array of fine art and the intricate design of its 1,250 fireplaces as you work your way through the castle, including the King and Queen’s apartments, the Chapel, the Coronation Room, Hall of Mirrors and the Salon of Abundance. Your guide will talk you through the rooms as you pass them, each one entirely different from the next. And just when you think that you have seen all that the Palace of Versailles has to offer, you’ll burst into the sunlight and encounter its dazzling gardens, more than 1,800 acres in size.
Versailles Palace + Gardens
Entrance to the Palace. The Fountain shows and Musical Garden shows take place in the Versailles Gardens on Saturdays, Sundays and Tuesdays.
Versailles Palace + Show
Entrance to the Palace plus:-
- Versailles Fountain Display - See the magnificent Versailles Fountains Display, known as the Grand Eaux. It’s a wonderful live concert held in the groves, designed by André Le Nôtre, where you can watch the fountains explode to the sounds of music. The show runs on Tuesday (8, 15, 22-26 and 29 May), and Saturday, Sunday (01 May - 28 October). No show on Thursday.
- Musical Gardens Show - Be enchanted by the musical gardens event – Jardins Musicaux, as it’s known. Enjoy the simple beauty of classical music played in the surroundings of the Versailles Gardens. The musical gardens event runs on Tuesday (01 - 15 May and 03 July - October 23. No show on Thurs, Sat or Sun.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour from Paris: Central Paris, outside the Metro stop Invalides on the rue de l'Université (travel by train to Versailles)
Tour from Versailles: Central Versailles, near Versailles Palace
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Palace & Gardens: Paris
Tour departs from Paris and starts 8:30am. Arrive strictly at 8:15am.
USD $74.72Pricing details
Skip the Line: Versailles Palace Walking Tour
- Entrance ticket to the Palace of Versailles
- Entrance ticket to the Gardens of Versailles
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Small groups tour (maximum 20 passengers)
- Local guide
- Escorted transfer to Versailles by train (if departure from Paris is selected)
- Return train ticket for Paris (if departure from Paris is selected)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Versailles Fountain Show does not run on Thursdays. The fountain show runs on Tuesday (May 31 - June 28), Saturday and Sunday (April 2 - October 2)
- Please note that the transportation from Paris to Versailles will be by train with a representative of the local Operator
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Palace of Versailles - King and Queen's Apartments, the Chapel, the 17th century galleries and the Hall of Mirrors, Hercules Drawing Room, Salon of Abundance, Venus Room, Diana Room (with a bust of Louis XIV by Bernini), Mars Room, Mercury Room, Apollo Room, War Room, Peace Room, King's bedroom, Queen's bedchamber, Salon of the Nobles, Coronation Room, Royal Chapel
- Fountain Display: See the magnificent Versailles fountain show, known as the Grand Eaux. It’s a wonderful live concert held in the exclusive groves, designed by André Le Nôtre, where you can watch the fountains explode to the sounds of music. The show runs on Tuesday (8, 15, 22-26 and 29 May), and Saturday and Sunday (01 May - 28 October). No show on Thursday.
Musical Gardens Show: Be enchanted by the musical gardens event –the Jardins Musicaux, as it’s known. Enjoy the simple beauty of classical music played in the beautiful surroundings of the Versailles Gardens. The musical gardens event runs on Tuesday (01 - 15 May and 03 July - October 23. No show on Thurs, Sat or Sun.
Reviewed by: Oggie, United States of America, November 2015
Very knowledgeable guide, travel arrangements were seamless.
Reviewed by: Margaret L, November 2015
Amazing tour thanks to the fantastic guide we met at Versailles (Harvey)!!!!!!!!!!! Extremely knowledgeable and engaging! If I were guaranteed, Harvey as a tour guide again I would sign up in a heartbeat (hoping this is true next year when I will visit again). Highly recommended for all.