A grand mélange presentation of Cajun and Creole cultures starting with a boat tour of the cypress swamps. Enjoy a traditional lunch at one of the oldest Plantations in the south, Oak Alley Plantation, followed by a guided tour of this grand mansion. Later in the afternoon visit Laura, a Creole Plantation and her historic slave quarters surrounded by sugar cane fields. The small-group atmosphere with maximum 13 people ensures a more personal experience.
You'll start your day driving out to Cajun Country, where you'll go through wild cypress swamps, over the Mississippi River on an impressive suspended bridge, and along vast sugarcane fields, as the guide tells a unique story of the odyssey of the Cajun people.
Next you'll take a narrated boat tour (about 1.5 hours) on winding bayous in remote cypress swamps. Your Cajun guide, also an alligator hunter and fur trapper, will share his knowledge of the swamp including reptile habits, healing plants and exotic birds. After this peaceful ride, explore his picturesque swamp zoo on Bayou Boeuf. A delicious lunch is included at Oak Alley Plantation's Cajun restaurant with a chance to experience traditional cuisine of this region.
After lunch be prepared for a pilgrimage back in time. From the River Road you will see and hear all about Whitney, Josephine, and Evergreen Plantations. A guided tour of Oak Alley Plantation to admire this jewel of Greek Revival architecture. Free time to walk under a spectacular canopy of 28 giant live oaks.
Next visit Laura, a Creole Plantation and her historic slave quarters surrounded by sugar cane fields. The guided tour transports you with dramatic detail into the charmed yet tragic lives of four generations of Creole owners and their slaves.
Upgrade to the High-Speed Airboat option, to experience a thrilling ride as you comfortably glide over marshes and into deep, secluded bayous.
Select the High Speed Airboat option for an exhilarating thrill ride!
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from downtown New Orleans and French Quarter hotels only
Return Details:Tour returns to the original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Grand Tour of Cajun Country plus narrated tour aboard the Cajun Bayou Boat
Grand Tour of Cajun Country plus thrilling, high-speed ride aboard the 6-passenger, 2-hour Airboat tour
Grand Tour of Cajun Country
- Roundtrip transportation with professional guide
- Transport by 13-passenger air-conditioned van
- Cajun Country Tour
- Narrated boat tour
- Lunch at Oak Alley Plantation
- Guided tour of Oak Alley Plantation
- Guided tour of Laura Plantation
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals are permitted. Please advise at time of booking to arrange accommodations
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking in the special requirements field
- Tour operates in all weather conditions. Umbrellas are available for use if guests forget their own. If a tour cannot operate due to inclement weather you will be notified
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Salad with vinaigrette dressing
- Vegetable soup
- Chicken and sausage gumbo
- Red beans and rice
- Crawfish etouffée with white rice
- Home-baked rolls and butter
- Bread pudding
- Tea or coffee
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.