Madrid Combo Tour: Toledo and Aranjuez Royal Palace Day Trip
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
A highlight of any visit to Toledo, a UNESCO World Heritage Site filled with wonderful architecture, is seeing The Burial of the Count of Orgaz, the famous painting by 16th-century master El Greco. Toledo was the setting for many of El Greco's art, and you’ll see this painting – one of his most famous – at the Church of St Tome.
Toledo is known for its art and history and has a landscape that combines Arabic, Mudejar, Gothic, medieval and Renaissance architecture. Surrounded by the River Tajo, the atmospheric walled town is crammed with churches and museums. Sights you’ll see include the amazing 13th-century Cathedral of Toledo, the medieval castle, Santa Maria la Blanca Synagogue, San Juan of the Kings Monastery and the Victorio Macho Museum.
Afternoon Tour: Aranjuez
In the afternoon, enjoy the beautiful architecture and regal atmosphere of Aranjuez, which sits at the confluence of the Tagus and Jarama rivers. Your local guide will lead you the Palacio Real (Royal Palace), part of Aranjuez’s UNESCO World Heritage Cultural Landscape. It is a Spanish Royal Site – the spring residence of Spanish kings since the late 1800s. Admire the decorative styles, and see the Throne Room of Elizabeth II, the Prince's Gardens, the Parterre and the Island. The palace gardens are so beautiful, they inspired Spanish composer Joaquin Rodrigo to compose his Concierto de Aranjuez.
After relaxing in the gardens, you head to the Gran Casino of Aranjuez to have a little fun and enjoy a complimentary welcome drink. Your guide will show you around, and then you can try your luck at the tables if you wish.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Madrid Super Saver: Toledo and Aranjuez Day Trip from Madrid
- Entrance fees to the Palacio Real and Toledo attractions
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees to Gran Casino de Aranjuez
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants and children aged 5 years and under are free of charge provided they do not occupy a seat
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Entrance to the casino is not permitted in shorts, Bermuda shorts, sleeveless T-shirts and open-toed shoes
- Operated by a bilingual guide in Spanish and English
Reviewed by: NorthUmpquaFarms, November 2014
Excellent tours with great guides. These are really two half-day tours to sites in different directions from Madrid. So, first tour ends in Madrid with a quick hour (or less) for lunch and then the next tour leaves. This makes for a VERY strenuous and long day. Even though there is an escalator most of the way from the drop off point to upper Old Town Toledo, there is still a lot of hill left as well as stairs within the buildings visited. In addition, the Aranjuez Palace is multi-story. Even though I sat out and enjoyed a bench in the palace gardens after interior tour, I still had a wonderful time and would recommend the tour (but maybe split into two days).
Reviewed by: Kenia, June 2014
A wonderful experience, our guide was very knowledgeable, kind, and to the point. Both places are very pretty. In my opinion Aranjuez was more impressive than el Palacio Real in Madrid.