Select a datex
Experience the culture, architecture, folklore and food of Old Pasadena on this small-group food walking tour. Admire the colorful alleys, hidden courtyards and secret thruways as you seek out spectacular ethnic eateries and sweet havens for food tastings. Your local guide will entertain you with fascinating stories behind the food and local eateries of this charming Los Angeles-area enclave.
- Small-group tour
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Likely to Sell Out
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Led by a local guide
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
Old Pasadena, best known for the Tournament of Roses Parade, elegant architecture and cultural landmarks, is also a place for exceptional and diverse dining. On this food walking tour, a local, knowledgeable guide will lead you on a delightful epicurean stroll through the hidden alleyways and charming courtyards of this US Historic District. You’ll enjoy 10 tasting stops, ranging from Middle Eastern falafel and Asian fusion stir-fry to California olive oil, authentic Peruvian stew and Italian gelato.
Your guide will keep you entertained between tasting stops with engaging stories of how Old Pasadena transitioned from the center of town to the local skid row to the one of the most successful urban renewal projects in the country. You'll never think of Pasadena as simply the home of the Rose Parade again!
The complete tour is an easy 1.25-mile (approximately 2-km) walk in a loop with no hills, inclines or stairs.
Traditional Peruvian Stews
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Central location in Pasadena
- 5:30pm (operates April 1 to October 31)
Return Details:Mignon Chocolate Boutique, 6 E. Holly Street, Pasadena, CA 91103 (approximately 1.5 blocks southwest of starting point)
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Morning departure, 3.5-hour walking tour, tour guide, tasting fees
Afternoon departure, operates April to October, 3.5-hour walking tour, tour guide, tasting fees
Small-Group Food Walking Tour Through Old Pasadena
- Food tastings & Beverages
- Small-group walking tour
- Local guide
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Children and infants under 5 years old are welcome on the tour, however should they become restless or uncomfortable please take the appropriate steps to minimize distraction to the other guests. Strollers are recommended.
- Children and infants under 5 years are complementary given that they are not participating in tastings.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
You must present a paper voucher for this tour. We will email a link to access and print your voucher at the Lead Travelers email address. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.