2-Day Sacred Portugal Trip: Fátima, Batalha, Sítio, Nazaré and Óbidos, from Lisbon
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
2-day tour with accommodation in a standard hotel
USD $157.69Pricing details
2-day tour with accommodation in a superior hotel
USD $187.19Pricing details
2-Day Sacred Portugal Trip: Fatima, Batalha, Sitio, Nazare and Obidos, from Lisbon
- 1 night accommodation
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees to Alcobaça Monastery and Batalha Monastery (approx. 12 euros)
- Hotel drop-off on Day 2
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- There is no toilet on board the coach
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Not wheelchair accessible
After meeting your guide in central Lisbon or being picked up from your hotel, relax on a comfortable coach ride north to Óbidos. Explore this romantic village with your guide, walking though cobblestoned streets surrounded by medieval walls and rustic houses, and visit the Castle Pousada-Hotel. Then head to Alcobaça to see the 12th-century Alcobaça Monastery, and continue to the charming fishing town of Nazaré, where you can explore the town on your own and have a Portuguese lunch. Next, learn interesting facts about Portugal's history on the drive to Sítio, which boasts wonderful views of the Portuguese coastline and Nazaré, and continue on to Batalha to visit the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Batalha Monastery (Mosteiro de Santa Maria da Vitória de Batalha), which commemorates Portugal's independence from Spain in 1385. End the day with free time in Fátima to attend a mass, if you wish, and enjoy a traditional dinner at the hotel.
Overnight: Hotel Santa Maria or similar in Fátima (Superior Option) / Hotel S. José or similar in Fátima (Standard Option)
Day 2: Fátima - Lisbon (B)
Spend your day in Fátima, a important pilgrimage destination for Catholics across the world. The town is famous for a 1917 apparition of the Virgin Mary, that three shepherd children saw. Explore the town independently, visiting Our Lady of Fátima Sanctuary to see the Chapel of Apparitions, a location that marks the sighting. You’ll also see the tombs of three shepherd children. Then, have lunch at a local restaurant if you wish, and enjoy free time to explore the spiritual location on your own and attend a mass, if you wish. When your time is up, take in views of the Portuguese countryside on the drive back to Lisbon, where you will arrive in time to enjoy the night in the city on your own.
Reviewed by: Risty K, October 2014
Two day trip is a must if you want more than one hour in Fatima. Lunch provided was excellent and much more than expected. Good, local, sit down, three course meal! We chose superior hotel and accommodation was "superior" and location was excellent.
Reviewed by: robynbtt, November 2013
Enjoyed the tour and extra time the overnight in Fatima provided ... possibly could of come back to Lisbon a little earlier the next day