Select a datex
Swim, snorkel or dive in the pristine waters off Green Island on the Great Barrier Reef. From Cairns, sail to the island in style on a two-mast schooner and enjoy a delicious buffet lunch on board. Explore the beauty of Green Island, see the rainforest or laze on the white sandy beaches and swim amongst the magnificent coral reefs.
- Buffet lunch included
- All necessary equipment included
- Excellent value for money
Green Island is a coral island located only 16 miles (26 km) from Cairns on the Great Barrier Reef. Its protected waters provide the perfect conditions for snorkeling or diving on the reef.
Board the schooner at Cairns Marlin Marina and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee served with freshly baked muffins and fruit. As you leave the dock, lend a hand to hoist the sails on the 54-foot (16.5-meter) yacht. After a safety briefing, sit back, relax and enjoy the motor-sail to Green Island. If you plan to scuba dive, you'll complete your paperwork and briefs on the journey so you are ready to dive as soon as you moor.
Once moored at Pinnacle Reef just off Green Island, you’ll be greeted by schools of tropical fish. Hit the water and snorkel or dive in this underwater paradise. The protected marine life includes endless varieties of colorful fish, turtles, giant clams, shells, starfish and sea anemones. After a morning of snorkeling and scuba diving, a delicious buffet lunch is served onboard before you transfer by dinghy to Green Island.
Green Island is a protected Marine National Park, topped with emerald rainforest and surrounded by white sandy beaches and magnificent coral reefs. Relax on the beach or explore the island keeping an eye out for turtles, blue spotted stingrays, schools of fish and many interesting shells. Visit Marineland Melanesia to watch the crocodile feeding and see turtles, corals and other marine life up close.
After spending over 4 hours on the Great Barrier Reef, set sail back to Cairns (wind permitting). Enjoy a complimentary glass of wine with your tropical afternoon tea, a perfect way to end a great day out on reef.
This tour is perfect for all levels of water experience with tuition and in-water assistance provided.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Reef Fleet Terminal, Cairns
Return Details:Returns to original departure point at approximately 5pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Green Island Sailing Cruise from Cairns including snorkeling on the Great Barrier Reef
Includes one certified dive
Includes two certified dives
Includes one introductory dive
Includes two introductory dives
Green Island Sailing Cruise
- Sailing cruise to Green Island
- Environment Management Charge and port fees
- Morning tea
- Buffet lunch
- Afternoon tea
- Complimentary glass of wine on the return sail to Cairns
- Snorkeling tuition and in-water crew assistance if required
- Snorkeling equipment (snorkel, marks, flippers, buoyancy vests)
- Transfers to/from the schooner to Green Island
- Reef talk by a marine interpreter
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of 25 people ensures a unique and personalized experience
- Please note: All divers will be required to complete a medical questionnaire on board prior to diving. Please only book the diving options if you have no medical conditions or taking medication as some conditions/medication preclude you from diving
- Not wheelchair accessible
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.