Take a walk around Uluru (Ayers Rock) as the sun rises over the Australian Outback. With no more than 12 participants, the Sunrise Uluru Base Walk is an intimate introduction to one of Australia’s iconic sites. Uluru, one of Australia’s most famous geographic features, is known the world over for its natural majesty and its significance to the Anangu aboriginal people. Also known as Ayers Rock, this massive rock formation is a must-see for everyone visiting Australia.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Small group ensures personal service
Your guide will take your small group (12 people max.) on a relaxed, 8-mile (14km) walk around Uluru’s base, where you’ll learn about Uluru’s history and composition, as well as its place in aboriginal traditions.
As the sun rises, your guide will lead you to the Mutitjulu Waterhole and ancient rock art, narrating the Anangu creation story of rival serpents Liru and Kuniya, as well as Uluru’s past and present importance in teaching young Aborigines their cultural heritage. When the sun is up, you’ll take a break to enjoy an outback picnic breakfast amid the sights and sounds of the desert landscape.
Your tour then returns you to the Ayers Rock resort. Seeing Uluru at sunrise is an awe-inspiring experience, and this personalized, small group tour is a top Australian vacation activity and is highly recommended for first-timers and outback veterans alike.
Uluru, Ayers Rock
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:All Ayers Rock Resort hotels
- Between 4:45am and 6:15am depending on sunrise
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Uluru Base Walk
- Hotel pickup and drop off from all Ayers Rock hotels
- Guided walk around the entire base of Uluru
- Professional guide
- Picnic breakfast
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- National Park Entry Ticket (A$25 payable direct)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A low of fitness level is required. A slow walking pace is maintained with regular stops. The track is also very flat
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.