Select a datex
For the budget conscious traveler who doesn't want to miss the chance to explore the magnificent city of Cairo, this coach excursion is your answer. See the Great Pyramids and Sphinx of Giza, grab a bargain at Khan el-Khalili markets and delve into history at the world famous Egyptian Museum.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Depart from your Sharm el Sheikh hotel and drive to Cairo, home to the Great Pyramids and Sphinx. Your Egyptologist guide will introduce you to each of the pyramids from the outside and you will have time to enter inside one (additional cost).
Continue across the plateau for a photo opportunity of the pyramids rising from the sands with the Cairo skyline in the background. A short drive across the plateau finds you standing at the feet of the Sphinx. Also in Giza you may visit the Solar Boat Museum (optional), home to the funerary boat of Khufu.
Housing 165,000 Egyptian artifacts, the Egyptian Museum in Cairo attracts millions of visitors a year. The highlight for most are the rooms containing the priceless treasures of King Tutankhamun. Here you can see the mummies of many great Egyptian rulers, including Ramses II. Your guide will introduce you to the most important pieces in the museum before allowing you free time to explore.
Continuing to Khan el Khalili bazaar, your guide will introduce you to the famous markets. Enjoy free time to stroll through the maze of streets and try your luck bargaining for a souvenir of your trip to Egypt.
This is a private tour allowing you to determine the amount of time spent at each site during the tour. In addition you will have the chance to visit a Papyrus Institute to see how this famous artwork is made and to purchase genuine items if you wish.
Pyramids and Sphinx of Giza, Cairo
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Selected Sharm el Sheikh hotels
Return Details:Returns to original departure point at approximately 11:00pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Great Sphinx of Giza, Cairo
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Entrance fees
- Transport by air conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- The drive from Sharm el Sheikh to Cairo is approximately 5 - 6 hours. Rest stops may be made at your request.
- Please note: due to demonstrations currently taking place in Egypt, some tours may be slightly impacted. This is not expected, but in such cases, alternative attractions may be visited.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.