Budapest Food and Wine Tasting Tour
- Free drinks included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
Your tour begins with a visit to the great market hall where you will get an overview of the produce used in Hungarian kitchen. Here you will learn all about the use of the famous paprika spice, local vegetables and meats. Follow your guide through Budapest to the citiy's best known butchers and patisseries and sample traditional Hungarian delicacies, including kolbasz (Hungarian sausage) and Dobos Torta (sponge cake layered with chocolate butter cream and topped with caramel). What you taste will vary depending on the season.
After your samplings, you'll visit a wine shop for a wine-tasting and more information about the wines you will try. The wine-tasting covers three traditional wines of Hungary, and reveals the history and legends behind each wine.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Budapest Wine Tasting and Lunch
- Professional guide
- Visit to the Great Market Hall
- Hungarian food tasting
- Wine tasting (3 wines)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking. Options for vegetarians, guests with allergies and religious dietary restrictions may be limited
- In the unlikely event that market hall is closed it will be substituted with a local grocery store
- Tour goes in all weather conditions
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Reviewed by: Cynthia N, September 2014
Our guide was Barbara and she was full of information and very charming. She met us at the market and even though we had been there the day before, we saw and tasted many new things with Barbara's help.
All of the tasting stops we made had great local food. These were places we would never have found on our own. The last stop for wine tasting was fun and Barbara was full of information about Hungarian wines.
Our group of six was the perfect size for this adventure. One of the other ladies on our tour and I had taken a similar tour with Viator in San Juan, Puerto Rico in May. We chose this tour because that one was so well done. We will choose Viator again when booking tours!
Thanks for making this day in Budapest so special.
Reviewed by: Mary, September 2014
Do not miss this tour. It was fantastic so interesting. Our guide Barbara was amazing so informative . The food was plentiful and fabulous. Barbara was an excellent guide with a good sense of humour. We met a couple from Australia who were good fun so made the tour even better. The wine tasting ex