Small-Group Tour: Best of Venice Walking Tour and Grand Canal Water Taxi Ride
- Book the ENTDO option before Sept 30 and travel any time until Oct 31, 2015 to save 10% off our previously offered price!
Keen to see more? Upgrade to include a two-hour tour of Doge's Palace, where you'll see the palace's magnificent public rooms, as well as the Piombi attic prison, which offers rare and limited access to the public.
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Small-group tour
Next, disembark your water taxi for your small-group walking tour of top Venice attractions and hidden gems. See the external Bovolo staircase, in all its spiral glory, and pass the former home of Marco Polo, Venice's famous patron. Hear tales of his seafaring adventures in far-flung lands, and stroll through the lively Campo San Luca and Campo SS Giovanni Paolo squares.
Then it’s on to the beautiful Goldoni Theatre, Venice's lesser-known but much-loved opera house, before you reach Rialto Bridge. This must-see landmark is adored by all who visit it, and you'll be awe-struck by its sleek marble lines that produce dazzling reflections in the water beneath.
You'll skip the line outside the Basilica di San Marco, and head straight in for a tour of the basilica and its second level terrace.
Upgrade to include a tour of Doge's Palace:
If the tales of Doge's Palace aren't enough to satisfy your curiosity, then upgrade! You can include a unique two-hour Doge's Palace tour in the morning, allowing you to see both the magnificent public rooms and the rarely seen Piombi attic prison. Learn about the dark deeds of the Venetian doges, and see the attic prison where Giancomo Casanova was once held captive.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour only: 2.30pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Small-group Best of Venice walking tour and Grand Canal water taxi ride with an English-speaking guide
USD $102.85Pricing details
Tour including Doge's Palace
Small-group Best of Venice walking tour and Grand Canal water taxi ride, plus 2-hour Doge's Palace tour with an English-speaking guide
USD $142.87Pricing details
Small-Group Best of Venice Walking Tour and Grand Canal Water Taxi Ride
- Skip-the-line entrance fees to St Mark's Basilica
- Entrance fees to Doge's Palace (if upgrade option selected)
- Professional guide
- Water taxi ride
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Children under the age of 6 years are not permitted on this tour
- Backpacks must be left inside a cloakroom on entering St Mark’s Basilica. To reduce any disruption for your group, we recommend that backpacks are not taken on this tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
Reviewed by: nikkio0808, July 2015
My husband and I really enjoyed this tour. We included the upgrade for the secret itinerary tour of the Doge's Palace. Elena, our tour guide for the Doge's Palace was amazing. She was not only informative and knowledgeable, she was animated and made the history come to life. In addition to the tour, we enjoyed the free time to explore the remaining parts of the Doge's Palace. For the afternoon component, our tour guide Paola was also excellent. Having only 8 of us in the group allowed Paola to tailor the tour to our wants. Overall, we really enjoyed this tour!
Reviewed by: Ronald G, July 2015
Moise, our tour guide, was spectacular! He made Venice even more magical for us!!! The combination of the water taxi ride and the walking tour is an excellent way to understand the history and present day life of this fantastic city.