Small-Group Tour: Best of Venice Walking Tour and Grand Canal Water Taxi Ride
Keen to see more? Upgrade to include a two-hour tour of Doge's Palace, where you'll see the palace's magnificent public rooms, as well as the Piombi attic prison, which offers rare and limited access to the public.
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Small-group tour
Next, disembark your water taxi for your small-group walking tour of top Venice attractions and hidden gems. See the external Bovolo staircase, in all its spiral glory, and pass the former home of Marco Polo, Venice's famous patron. Hear tales of his seafaring adventures in far-flung lands, and stroll through the lively Campo San Luca and Campo SS Giovanni Paolo squares.
Then it’s on to the beautiful Goldoni Theatre, Venice's lesser-known but much-loved opera house, before you reach Rialto Bridge. This must-see landmark is adored by all who visit it, and you'll be awe-struck by its sleek marble lines that produce dazzling reflections in the water beneath.
You'll skip the line outside the Basilica di San Marco, and head straight in for a tour of the basilica and its second level terrace.
Upgrade to include a tour of Doge's Palace:
If the tales of Doge's Palace aren't enough to satisfy your curiosity, then upgrade! You can include a unique two-hour Doge's Palace tour in the morning, allowing you to see both the magnificent public rooms and the rarely seen Piombi attic prison. Learn about the dark deeds of the Venetian doges, and see the attic prison where Giancomo Casanova was once held captive.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour only: 2pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Small-group Best of Venice walking tour and Grand Canal water taxi ride with an English-speaking guide
Tour including Doge's Palace
Small-group Best of Venice walking tour and Grand Canal water taxi ride, plus 2-hour Doge's Palace tour with an English-speaking guide
Small-Group Best of Venice Walking Tour and Grand Canal Water Taxi Ride
- Skip-the-line entrance fees to St Mark's Basilica
- Entrance fees to Doge's Palace (if upgrade option selected)
- Professional guide
- Water taxi ride
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Children under the age of 6 years are not permitted on this tour
- Backpacks must be left inside a cloakroom on entering St Mark’s Basilica. To reduce any disruption for your group, we recommend that backpacks are not taken on this tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
Reviewed by: Gary d, July 2014
really good, the guide was brilliant and very informative, can't remember her name though
Reviewed by: Charles, June 2014
Unforgetable. Venice, it must be one of the best places to visit in the world. Once again we were lucky to have such an experienced tour guide leader. Mr Mose Viero. Mose took us not only to the best places, corners etc of the Walking tour, but he also made us feel we were there at the exsisting time. Very detailed history of this great place, VENICE. Well Done Mose. Hopefully we will find you again on our return to Venice in the near future. Charles and Evelyn .Melbourne Australia.