Los Angeles Latin Food and Culture Small-Group Walking Tour
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Small-group tour
- Likely to Sell Out
- Led by a local guide
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
Tour the first tortilla factory in the city, dine at a renowned and remarkable tamale kitchen, and explore a spectacular three-story Latin American mercado (market) brimming with curio shops, food stands and mariachi showrooms. Then it’s on to Mariachi Plaza, where you will feast upon birria (a spicy Mexican meat stew), healthy pupusas (a Salvadorian specialty) and Mexican pastries.
Your tastings on the tour include traditional foods that are wonderfully prepared from time-honored family recipes. Your friendly and knowledgeable local tour guide will entertain you between stops with stories of East LA’s and Boyle Heights’ colorful and surprising history, and local customs and traditions.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Food tasting & beverages
- Small-group walking tour
- Local guide
- Metro pass (for duration of tour)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Parking fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Children and infants under 5 years old are welcome on the tour, however should they become restless or uncomfortable please take the appropriate steps to minimize distraction to the other guests. Strollers are recommended
- Children and infants under 5 years are complementary given that they are not participating in tastings.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Reviewed by: Kimann J, July 2015
Nick was a very pleasant and informative tour guide. And the food was excellent!!!
Reviewed by: Ian & Desy, October 2012
Lovely lady who is passionate about her food. Don't eat breakfast before you go