Day Trip to Pergamum and Asklepion from Izmir
On the Acropolis there are numerous remains including the celebrated Library, the steepest Theatre of Anatolia, the Temples of Trojan and Dionysos, the place of the monumental Altar of Zeus famous with the relief of God and devils, the Sanctuary of Demeter, the Gymnasium situated on terraces and the lower Agora.
After a delicious lunch with Turkish specialties, you will visit the Archaeological Museum of Bergama.
Proceed to the Medical Center of the ancient world, Asklepion where the first psychological treatment had been used and which was dedicated to the God of Health, Asklepios.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation for this product will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- In the event of any museum closures, an alternative similar museum will be visited
- Not recommended for children aged 4 and under
- Children 18 years and under must be accompanied by an adult
Reviewed by: Gary W, October 2014
friendly guide very nice tour had plenty of time to see the sights
Reviewed by: Mohammad Mehdi S, September 2014
Very well managed tour with a very good guide. Both Pergamum and Asklepion are absolutely worth visiting. My trip was during off season and there was only three of us in this tour. This made it more like a private tour which was very nice. It would be good to take the cable car to the top of the hill rather than going with the van as the road is not that smooth.