Cairns Flames of the Forest Dining Experience
- Enjoy a romantic night including dinner
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- Free drinks included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Walk beneath the forest canopy along a trail that glows in torchlight. Arrive at a secluded clearing where you are welcomed with sparkling wine and hors d'oeuvres. Sip your wine as you take in the nighttime forest and dining area, which is illuminated with budlight chandeliers and flickering candles, all set under a high tented canopy. For the meal, take a seat at a shared table and enjoy a memorable evening.
For details about the rest of your evening, please see the options and menus below:
Flames of the Forest 7-course Banquet Dining Experience (Tuesday and Thursday):
Feast on a 7-course banquet that uses the freshest local produce (menu below), meats and seafood. Your meal includes Australian sparkling, white and red wines, beer and soft drinks. Watch an Aboriginal cultural performance featuring didgeridoo, storytelling and song.
Flames of the Forest 6-course Tropical Tasting Menu Dining Experience (Saturday):
Savor a 6-course tropical tasting menu that is designed to introduce you to the flavors of the Tropical North. It is served plated and accompanied by premium wines. Enjoy a solo acoustic guitarist who plays enchanting music during your meal.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from centrally located Cairns, Palm Cove or Port Douglas hotels
- Cairns - from 6:00pm
- Palm Cove - from 6:40pm
- Port Douglas - from 7:00pm
You will arrive at Flames of the Forest at approximately 7:30pm
Returns to original departure point. Departure from the Flames in the Forest is at approximately 10:30pm.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Cultural ex Cairns Nth Beaches
Flames of the Forest candlelit dining experience with pickup/drop off from Cairns, Palm Cove & Northern Beaches hotels. Includes 7-course banquet with Australian wine and beer; Aboriginal storytelling
USD $170.59Pricing details
Cultural ex Port Douglas
Flames of the Forest candlelit dining experience with pickup/drop off from Port Douglas hotels. Includes 7-course dinner with Australian wine and beer; Aboriginal storytelling
USD $160.90Pricing details
Dining ex Cairns Nth Beaches
Flames of the Forest rainforest dining experience with pickup/drop off from Cairns & Northern Beaches hotels. Includes 6-course tropical tasting dinner with Australian wine and beer.
USD $146.75Pricing details
Dining ex Port Douglas
Flames of the Forest rainforest dining experience with pickup/drop off from Port Douglas. Includes 6-course tropical tasting dinner with Australian wine and beer.
USD $137.06Pricing details
Flames of the Forest
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Pre-dinner drinks and Hors d'oeuvres
- 7-course banquet with premium wines and soft drink
- Aboriginal cultural performance
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- 6-course tropical tasting dinner including premium wines and soft drink
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Flames of the Forest location is 15 minutes from Port Douglas, 40 minutes from Palm Cove and 1 hour from Cairns
- Each table seats 10 people. No tables for two are available (except Saturday nights)
- Meals are served on platters, banquet style to the table
- Vegetarian option is available on Tuesday and Thursday only, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not recommended for child aged 6 and under
- Trio of dips - roasted eggplant with red pepper, feta & fresh herbs, basil pesto & traditional butter served with freshly baked bread
- Fresh local Tiger prawns served with a crisp vegetable and sprout salad, with a chili and lime dressing
- Tableland salad of mesclun, vine-ripened cherry tomatoes, fresh garlic croutons and Spanish onion finished with a honey mustard dressing
- Lemon myrtle infused kangaroo loin on a bed of wild rocket and toasted macadamia nuts garnished with homemade fig chutney
- Locally caught pan-fried reef fish served with lightly steamed seasonal greens and finished with a fragrant coconut and kaffir lime broth
- Jungle-spiced chicken breast with an aromatic fresh date and fire-roasted red pepper couscous topped with a mint and bush lime yogurt
- Slow roasted Black Angus sirloin served on a warm kipfler potato and green bean salad accompanied by confit cherry tomatoes, finished with a red wine jus
- Traditional Pavlova accompanied by seasonal tropical fruits, fragrant vanilla bean chantilly cream and passion fruit coulis
- Sparkling wine aperitif
- Bennetts lane NV Brut
- white wine - Plantagenet Hazard Hill Semillon Sauvignon Blanc
- red wine - Plantagenet Hazard Hill Shiraz
- beer - Toohey's Extra Dry, Crown Lager, Cascade Premium Light
- soft drinks - cola, lemonade, orange juice
- Lightly seared kangaroo loin carpaccio served with a rocket, parmesan and Spanish onion salad with fresh truffle oil, dressed with aged balsamic glaze
- Smoked crocodile rillette with crisp cucumber slice & salsa verde
- House made spanner crab tortellini in a fennel cream sauce with fresh garden herbs
- Pan-seared coral trout on sauteed seasonal greens with a lemon myrtle infused beurre blanc accompanied by a fresh herb salsa
- Port-braised beef cheek on duchess potato accompanied by spring baby vegetables
- Black sapote pavé (chocolate pudding fruit) with orange blossom cream and pistachio nut praline
Reviewed by: Rhonda T, April 2015
Food excellent, beautiful setting with atmosphere and friendly staff, enjoyed immensely
Reviewed by: Kathryn M, October 2014
The atmosphere was just wonderful; a beautiful evening in the rain forest! The food was exceptional, and the music and stories were an experience not to be missed.